Saturday, May 14, 2011

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday, May 13, 2011:

This morning the clouds are still thick, but occasionally we see the sun breaking through.  We decided we would go checked out a place in Parc de la Orientale where are friend is going to stay next year, and then head around to Friar’s bay again.  Looks like the sun might be shining pretty good over there.  We headed out, took some pictures and then we were beach bound.

We got to the beach and set up our chairs and umbrella.  Not too many people on the beach today, but it is a lovely day with just the right amount of breeze!  After a while, we went up to Kali’s and ordered a drink. Gerald wanted to sit at the end, which was next to a little place that was selling clothing and stuff.  Of course I had to go look…there were cute things hanging there!  I was like a moth to a flame! I immediately fell in love with a couple of things (of course), but unfortunately (or fortunately – if you are Gerald) I didn’t bring very much cash with me, so I couldn’t get anything.  I don’t know if Gerald will take me back to get what I wanted, but I could always take a cab I suppose. Ha!

Speaking of Gerald…his selection of seating is becoming questionable.  First, he tortures me next to the little clothing shop, but he also sits us down wind of a Rasta man who lit up a big fatty! Wow! That thing was as long as a Capri cigarette and as big around as a small cigar! I’m wondering if Cheech and Chong are here making a movie?! (you youngsters probably won’t get that reference) Well, my glaucoma is better, I can tell you that and I’m thankful that I don’t have to take a drug test anytime soon!  GOOD GRIEF!!!! I finally got up and went back to the beach before I caught too much more of it!

The sun was starting to hide behind the clouds, so it was time for us to leave.  And, they got worse as we went towards the apartment.  We stopped at a KFC to get dinner on the way.  We had gotten some coupons in the paper yesterday and it made me hungry for KFC!  But when we got there we ordered something totally different than what was on the coupons! Then it started to rain. We got our dinner and out the door we went.  When we left KFC, we heard a band and looked down the street to see a parade coming up the road towards us! OH NO! We don’t have good luck with parades! We quickly ran to the car and got in! Gerald nearly ran over the photographer that was in the front of the parade taking pictures, trying to get out of the parking lot before we got stuck there for the night!

Then it started to pour…buckets…and buckets…and buckets.  We waited in the car for about 15 minutes and it never let up. So I braved coming up to the room. Of course we got soaked.  Unfortunately, the water had run under the door again and was running into the bedroom.  It got all the clothes wet that were in the laundry basket.  We mopped up the floor, picked up the stuff and hung up what we could around the apartment.  After that we showered (with soap) and ate. 

The rain only let up for a brief moment, and has been raining pretty steady ever since.  There has even been thunder!  It rained for at least 5 hours and it has not let up.  W even had to ring out the towel that we put at the bottom of the front door and had to put another towel down too! Then it started blowing and raining in the bathroom and living room windows! (there is only louvers and screens, no window to close.)  Sigh…it’s probably going to be a long night!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! I'm glad to see that Gerald and You are still alive....I had been checking everyday for new posts, but there NOTHING! :( Glad to hear you both are doing well. YUCKO on the rain though! Hope it moves out quickly and the sun comes back to wonderful again. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete