Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 7 & 8, 2011

Gotta say, ever since I complained last week to the internet company, I haven't had any problem getting on my website! 

Saturday, May 07, 2011:

Didn’t go anywhere today.  It was cloudy and not beach worthy. 

I got a taste for potato salad, so I cooked some potatoes and eggs and made a small batch.  Smallest batch I’ve ever made! =)  I figured that we would have it for dinner.  So what to have with it?  Hmmm….chicken.  Fried chicken! Yeah!

So, I thawed some chicken.  When I was frying the chicken, I had a taste for gravy.  Yummie fried chicken milk gravy.  Mmmmmmm.  But we didn’t have any milk, so I improvised with sour cream and water. And you can’t have gravy with potato salad, so I had to make mashed potatoes.  (we’ll eat the potato salad tomorrow) Then  I opened a can of black eyed peas.  Gotta say, it all turned out pretty good; even the gravy!  No complaints from Gerald, except I only cooked 2 pieces of chicken. Guess I should have made more; it would have been good leftover.

So pretty much all I have done today is cook and do dishes. (That should make Skip happy!)

Sunday, May 08, 2011:

Happy Mother’s Day to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment