Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday, May 11, 2011:

It poured down rain this morning…for a long time too. Currently as I’m writing this, we have a break in the clouds and may head to the beach.  But from the looks of the forecast…it appears we will have lots of rain and storms for the next week.   It’s not yet hurricane season, but it wouldn’t be out of the question to have one during this time of year.  Depends on if the conditions are right.  But I think they are only right for maybe tropical storms…not a hurricane. So we’ll take our chances and find a beach to see if we can get some sun today.

We got ready and drove over to Orient to see what it was like there today.  Unfortunately as we drove over there we watched the clouds build and develop into nice, big, tall rain clouds that hung in the mountains over and behind the beach.  When we got there, we didn’t even take the chairs out of the car.  I told Gerald lets just walk the beach for a while and see if the rain goes over us, and if it does, we will take the chairs out then.  So that’s what we did.  

**Darned rain clouds!

We started walking and noticed that the beach was awful crowded! I couldn’t believe the number of people! There were 2 cruise ships in today, and everybody on the boat must have been here!  You couldn’t even walk between the lounge chairs it was so crowded!

It’s quite congested with little bars here too.  They are all right next to one another.  Most of the bars and restaurants are the same as in previous years, but I did notice a couple new ones.  This one called The Sun Beach Clubber had inflatable chairs and couches, and it had a second floor! Looked like a pretty neat place.

 ** The Sun Beach Clubber! Looks like a cool place:

 We just kept on walking and went all the way down to Mt. Vernon and then headed back.  My ankle was killing me!  We stopped at Bikini Beach for a while because they had a band playing and we got a drink and fries.  (and that way I could rest my food for a while). 

While we were at Bikini Beach it rained off and on.  It looks like the clouds are not going away so we walked back towards the car, but before we could get there, the clouds opened up and it started to rain hard. 

We got back to the apartment and I took a nap (because the margarita I had this afternoon made me sleepy!) then I got up and we ate dinner, and that’s about it for excitement today. 
  
My gawd it’s hot and muggy today and worse tonight!  There’s hardly any wind, so no breeze to help cool you down.  It’s going to be a long night!

No comments:

Post a Comment