Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6, 2011

Friday, May 06, 2011:

Not feeling too well this morning.  Don’t’ know if it was the burger I ate last night or all the medication that I’m taking for this sinus infection. My ear is killing me too.  The wind last week didn’t help I‘m sure. Probably have sand in there! Either way, I may just stick around the apartment today and do some laundry, maybe if I’m lucky I'll be able to update the blog!

At the last minute I decided I wanted to walk outside so we decided to go downtown while the girls were cleaning the apartment and maybe see if Monica was in her store and visit with friends. (maybe shop a little! =)

We went to Monica’s store, but she wasn’t in.  And no…unfortunately I didn’t buy anything =(. Although, I did stop at a little bitty store before we got there and I picked up some head bands. So I didn’t come home empty handed !

Then we walked out on the boardwalk.  How’s this for a view!

 Vanna White presenting the view! =)

**
We walked all the way down to the Pasanggrahan Hotel to see Janet. She works just about every day! We sat for a while and visited, of course we got a drink.  Gerald talked to her about playing music and she said she would ask the owner.

We talked about the new wing they are building.  I thought it was going to be condo’s but I guess they tore down the old and put up a new high-rise building with rooms! It’s not quite finished, but Janet said there was a room almost finished they were using as a staging room.  She got us in to see the showroom and it was FANTASTIC!  They even let me take pictures!  This new wing is going to be awesome! Tons of room and very well appointed.  Take a look:

The furniture came specially hand made from Bali! Isn’t it BEAUTIFUL! It looks like plantation furniture which fits the style of the place since it used to be the Queen’s residence in the early 1900’s.   (That’s the Netherlands – not England)  The rooster is a theme of the hotel and everything was hand carved. And gorgeous travertine marble on the floor!

**
They haven’t gotten the couch and chair in yet for the living room but already it’s gorgeous.  The size of the armoire is ridiculous! Like 8 foot wide!
**
Check out the view from this room! (this is only on the 2nd floor!)
**
This is the bathroom. It’s massive and very elegant! The tub is a Jacuzzi tub and huge, then there is a monster shower with a movable showerhead, which is great for us short people! And a dressing/make up area and a water closet!

**
Here is a little kitchenette area that will have a microwave, fridge and coffeepot.  No stove or oven.


There is going to be a penthouse, and it looked like there were some bigger rooms as well.  It’s going to be very very nice.  So you have a great option here! I don’t know how much they are going to charge for the new rooms (if there’s even going to be a difference), but the current ones aren’t all that bad.  The food is great here too and lots to do downtown.  Not too far from the Hard Rock Café! So if you come down, you have to visit Janet at the bar/restaurant (and the other girls too) and tell them we sent ya! (and tip them good, they’ve had to put up with Gerald and Bob all these years!)

After we finished our drinks and said goodbye to Janet and the other girls, we walked back on the boardwalk. I told Gerald we would look at some tablets for him while we are here so that he could have a bigger screen (than my iPhone) to see the words of his songs (cause he is getting older and a little forgetful about the words). I’ve used the music app on my iPhone to download words to some songs, but he has to stop and flip the screen.  I figured we could get him one of the small tablets, instead of having a paper notebook, and that would work pretty good.  We stopped at a few places and took a look at what they had. 

Klass had a Galaxy Tab for $540.  They also had a really really neat electronic keyboard dock (for $125) that the tab sat in and turned it pretty much into a little computer.  It also worked as a phone if you put your SIM card in it! (biggest cell phone I’ve ever seen!) Course, I fell in love with it, but it was more than what Gerald wanted and WAY more than he wanted to spend.  Even though they offered to sell the keyboard for $99, or both for $635, which included an additional 4 gig of memory for a total of 20 gig.  They had a Blackberry and iPad, but that was not what we were looking for, plus the iPad was $800+ (without negotiations, so it could have been a little cheaper). There was another small tab, it was cheaper, but I didn’t like it at all.

Then we went to World of Electronics.  They had a Coby brand tablet there.  It would be perfect, and was the right size and everything, but it was $250.  I don’t know much about these things so I’m going to have to do some more research on them.  I’ve never heard of the Coby brand.  I also have to remember that they don’t charge taxes down here. I did see some on the internet for $100, but I’m sure they were off brand and old.  Which is ok for Gerald.  But now I’m hooked on the Galaxy Tab with it’s WAY COOL keyboard. I gotta get it out of my head! Does anyone have any recommendations? =)

We left downtown, sans a tablet, and headed back to the apartment.  Gerald had some leftover spaghetti and I cooked some rice.  That’s it for the day.  I’m going to start doing some research on some tablets so I can be better prepared! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment