Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 26-27, 2011


Thursday, May 26, 2011:

Today’s a lazy day.  No beach…because we have no skin on our faces…since it has peeled off!  We are going to hang around and head over to The Perch for happy hour I think.

We found out why there was so much traffic last night.  Apparently there was a shooting off Welfare Road in a big empty lot … around the area where we got stopped by police.  The man was shot 7 times and died.  He owned Cappuccino’s Bar & Restaurant, a place we have frequented every year for decent food, open 24/7 and free wi-fi. One of the first on the island, if I’m correct, to be open 24/7 (which came in handy on late flights) and offer free wi-fi.  Unfortunately, the killing appears to be drug related. He had an arraignment scheduled in court for today for smuggling 170 kilos of cocaine.  Luckily, no one else was hurt in the drive-by and the vehicle fled to the French side.  The paper said the incident happened around 12:15 p and the road was closed until 4pm. How unfortunate.

Friday, May 27, 2011:

Looks like another great day today and we will most likely head out to the beach.  It’s a little hazy though…you can hardly see St. Barts!  And look at the big cloud hanging over it!
**
My face started peeling last night, and you know I can’t leave it alone! So…in true Tina fashion… I used the scrub brush on it this morning and have most of the peeling skin scrubbed off…ouch.  Then I put lotion on (ouch again) so that I can protect it from the sun again.  What is wrong with me? …that was hypothetical…I don’t want you to answer…   I figure I just got an equivalent to a face peel for free when some women pay thousands of dollars for that! =) 

We got our things together and off we went.  As we pulled down the road, we got behind a 4-wheeler! Here’s a picture for ya.  You gotta love island life!
**
We got to the beach and man it was nice.  Sun was shinning, no wind.  The water was as calm today as I’ve ever seen it and the temperature was perfect!  It got a little hot so Gerald and I got in the water.  I had my lucky STL Cardinals hat on, so of course someone mentioned the Cardinals standings!  Turns out they are from the Springfield area! Then at about 1pm some ugly clouds came over the mountains.  It wasn’t happy hour yet, but I knew we were going to get it so Gerald and I went up to the bar and sat in the Herb & Jeannie seats and ordered a drink from Willie and waited for the rain to hit.  Soon it did, and it rained for about 30 minutes or so.  Then the sun came out again so we went back to our chairs. At about 3:30 the clouds came again and we just packed up our stuff and headed back to the apartment.  It sprinkled on the way back.

We got back to the apartment and we barely got our stuff set down and the maintenance guys came and hooked up the wireless internet off our deck.  I took some pictures of it, but I must warn you…all you electricians and IT people…just count to 10 and do some breathing exercises!

...and yes that is a Lock Tight container that they put the router in, then screwed it to the wall. They cut a hole in the bottom/back to get the electrical plug through...
...i'm pretty sure this is code right?  (at least they fixed the other light that was just hanging there by the wires)
**
Tonight for dinner, we are finishing the leftovers; frozen pizza, chicken parmesan (thanks to Paul & Deb), and then I fried some pickles…yes I did…and they were GOOD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment