Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday, May 03, 2011:

This morning I’m working on the computer.  Trying to confirm that insurance got paid.  It’s always nice to do this on line and have it automated, but when you have gotten conflicting information, and you have nothing confirming, it just makes even me nervous.  Now that I have confirmed it, we are good to go and can relax a little! 

I’m also paying bills (or trying to) and having problems again.  I still can’t get certain sites up.  I need to go pay the internet bill anyway, so I called them.  It’s a little odd that there are only certain sites that I can’t get on, and then sometimes during random times, I can get on.  Weird.  But I can’t use my cell phone, or won’t, to call them, and I tried the phone in the apartment but it won’t work either.  I even sent Gerald down to the front desk to ask if there was some secret to using it.  There is not.  You can’t make outside calls.  People can call in, but you can’t call out.  Perhaps I’m in the Hotel California? That’s creepy!

So I called Scarlet via Skype.  I told them my problem, but they have no idea.  They say they don’t block any websites.  Whatever! Then he told me when I come over to pay my bill to talk to them about it. When I first went there, they told me to call from the apartment! This time I will leave the computer running trying to catch the site and see what happens.

The weather looks good today too; so we may run out to the beach for a while. We get our stuff ready to go then head over to Simpson Bay and to the Scarlet store to pay the monthly bill. As suspected, they don’t know what’s going on.  They did say it seems to be working.  Fine.

Gerald wants to head down to the rental car company since we have a tire that is low on air.  He wants them to check it first, which is probably a good idea.  We drive down the road and have them check it out.  He hooks up an itty bitty cordless tire pump and puts soap water on the tire to see if there is a leak.  Well…about 45 minutes later, we have filled the tire with air, but have not determined where it’s leaking from.  Ok.   By this time, it’s almost 2pm and probably too late to head to the beach.  Gerald wanted to go to the Carousel Gelato place, but it doesn’t open till after 2, so then I said lets go to the Sea Side Animal place by GEBE.  We drove down some roads but never found it. 

Gerald also remembered that he wanted to get some ibuprophen at the pharmacy, but he didn’t want to turn around and go back to Simpson Bay, so he said we would stop by the Grand Marche to see if they carried it.  We went in and did some shopping but no ibuprophen.  Only pharmacies carry that stuff here.  I thought there was one in the strip mall under the grocery store, but we pulled out of the parking lot and there isn’t a way back in without turning around.  And Gerald didn’t want to turn around.  So we headed to Philipsburg to see if there was one down there…I figure there just has to be on there somewhere.  Gerald wanted to go to the one we saw on the other side of the Pond Fill, but I told him why go back there when there is probably one on the way to the apartment, but he didn’t want to do that, we headed down the middle of the Pond Fill by the Carnival Stadium to the back of the salt pond.  When we got to the turn, there was an accident and we couldn’t turn left – which is where we needed to go.  So we went right, towards the apartment.  Then Gerald agreed to go through Philipsburg to see if there was an Rx downtown, but unfortunately he pulled down the only road that did not have any stores whatsoever.  Finally I said lets go back to Simpson Bay to the Rx there, get the darned ibuprophen and then stop and get gelato to bring home. 

So that’s what we did.  We drove all the way back to Simpson Bay to the Rx there, got the ibuprophen, then stopped in at the Carousel, picked up a container of gelato (4 flavors) and came home – hopefully before the food was cooked in the back! We brought everything up to the apartment and put it away. I checked the computer, and no luck getting on line to the site.

For supper tonight, we are having leftover salad and pizza.  Then for dessert we had yummy gelato from The Carousel! Mmmmm…it was so good!

After dinner we sit and relax.  The dogs are barking next door.  Occasionally I get tired of hearing them and stick my head out the door and give them the “Ceaser Milano, The Dog Whisperer”  …“Ch”… noise.  It doesn’t work.  Trust me.  Makes ‘em bark more.

I randomly hit the reload button on my website to see if it will load, and SURPRISE it loaded!  So I immediately got on and updated the blog.  Gosh it’s been a long time! Sorry I put it all in one, but I didn’t want to take a chance on getting kicked off!  I also updated the weather too.  Actually, and FYI, for mailing purposes sometimes you have to put St. Maarten, Guadalupe! Strange huh? Well, that’s why you see that in the weather!

I feel better now that the site is updated.  I may try to post today’s too, while it’s working anyway.  Probably won’t do much more tonight anyway! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment