Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 14 - 17, 2011

Saturday, May 14, 2011:

It rained all night off and on, and even this morning.  A little later around noon the sun came out a little, but not for long. We didn’t do anything today, just laundry from all the wet clothes from the rain pouring under the door. 

I’ve been trying to upload video to the website today too, without success.  Looks like I’m going to have to do some maintenance.  

The rain started coming down tonight again. ugh...

Sunday, May 15, 2011:

It rained all night last night.  I got up at 3am with the hearing of the chairs being blown across the deck from the rain storms.  Then the rain started coming under the door again, so I put the towel in place to soak it up.

I can’t get any e-mails in or out this morning.  Going to have to stop and do some major maintenance today I guess.  I love technology and gadgets, but sometimes, I just hate it!

The rain started coming down again this afternoon and it rained for several hours.  This weather is not indicative of this time of year. Of course, it would pick when we are here to be odd right!?

Monday, May 16, 2011:

It’s a no go to the beach again today.  This weather is crazy! Even when we see a crack in the clouds, we look the other way and its dark clouds hovering over the rest of the island.  I’m getting cabin fever! =)  The house under our deck that they have been working on has a pool.  It’s not functioning, so they have had to pump it out, almost on a daily basis. Yesterday the pool was half full after 2 days rain; and it was empty before that.  Everyone’s cisterns are (or should be) full that’s for sure! 

Tuesday, May 17, 2011:

Our first sign of real sun for several days!  We gotta go to the beach…I’m getting pale!

The sun felt great today.  The beach was a little windy, but not too bad. At least the sand wasn’t blowing around, because it was wet! There weren’t any cruise ships in today either, so it wasn’t real crowded.  After sitting a while we took a walk down the beach.  Well, mostly I gimped.  The terrain is not level on the beach and it slopes pretty good close to the water, and it hurts my ankle to walk on it.  It’s not so bad with my bad foot on the low side, but it really hurts walking with it on the high side! Naturally my ankle was nice and swollen and sore at the end of the day. 

At 2:30 we decided to partake in the daily happy hour at The Perch Bar.  Willie is working today so the drinks will naturally be good!  Gerald got in the line that was forming, waiting for the bell that marked the beginning of happy hour to ring, and I went and sat at the bar where Jeannie and Herb used to always sit.  I figured we would have a drink in their honor!  Some history: we met Jeannie and Herb many years ago. Bob and Gerald used to always get Jeannie in trouble, especially during happy hour, and usually when Judy and I were shopping!  We had lots of fun and laughs over the years with them. Well, sadly Jeannie passed away a few years ago, and this year was Herb’s first year back.  He was only here for a short time, but we enjoyed seeing him again anyway.  It broke my heart to see him still missing her so terribly.  ! =).  We sat and talked until almost 4, when they had to leave and meet their taxi.  We hope to see them again before they leave, and maybe even next year! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment