Friday, October 29, 2010

Another Day in Paradise ... Again!

Friday, October 29, 2010:

Nothing much to report this morning.  Got up early – as has become usual lately. (What is it about sand, palm trees and humidity that make you want to get up early?) Slathered some anti-itch cream on the bug bites, and doused myself with Deet to try and keep the new ones at bay.  Anyway, it started to rain last night, and has rained off and on until now ().  So no doin' the Hokey Pokey till the weather clears!

A strange thing happened. I got a visit from some ladies this morning. They came down all the way to the point and moseyed up to the fence.  Obviously we could see each other.  Then she started to walk up and said hello. She asked for a drink of water. So I gave it to her. When I brought it outside, her mother was there too.  So I gave a glass of water to her as well.  So after some conversation it seems they are "vendors" trying to hock their wears.  They are from Punta Gorda! That is WAY south of here! They make jewelry, baskets etc. Broke my heart. But I didn't buy anything. (yeah...go ahead and pick yourself up off the floor...I didn't buy anything!)  I've never had anyone come to my house to hock anything like that (except Tupperware and Candlelight and those companies). They can snif a sucker out! Boy am I in trouble!

Currently I’m trying to upload some pictures, listening to Jimmy Buffet and making potato salad.  What else do you do in paradise? =)
Oh…and I think I found a place for Stupy’s! YEAH GIRLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment