Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Eve! October 30, 2010

Saturday, October 30, 2010:

Ok…what in the world?  I wake up with a bite on the bottom of my foot! THE BOTTOM OF MY FOOT! Really? Seriously? What do I have to do to keep these critters away? Catch my self on fire? I look like I have a bizarre skin disease with all these little red bumps! We are going into town later this morning and I’m going to find something…like tar if I have to… to put on to keep these darned things off me!

Gerald wants a haircut too, so we head into town to Karel’s Barbershop. $5 for a haircut. Excellent! We then head to the pharmacy (which closes at ) to see if they have anything. She talks me into some homemade concoction called “Sand Fly Bye-Bye.”  It’s $11 usd for about 2.0 ounces, but I don’t care as long as it works, plus it’s made here in Belize – they probably know what they are talking about – either that or it is a ruse to sucker tourists... I’ll let you know how it works tonight!  It smells like I fell into one of the vats at a citronella oil factory!  It’s not gonna mix well with my Chanel No. 5, but again, I don’t care as long as it works!

We go into Wallen’s Grocery to get dried Coconut Milk (I’m going to make me some of the Belizean Rice and Beans that sound so good).  Some very nice lady helped me find it and gave me some good pointers on making it! (Wish me luck!) We also got some Halloween candy for trick-or-treaters. Kenny (the caretaker’s son) may stop by…that’s 1 more than we get at our house! (start the betting on how much candy I bought!)  We go to the Chinese store to get shrimp for Gerald to fish, and then stop at the veggie van to get eggs and potatoes.

We come back to the condo and Percy and Alan are there charging the bedroom air conditioners. They get to talking and Gerald asks if he can play music one night.  Of course he agrees (it’s free) and we decide to set something up for next week and maybe even have a jam session with some of the locals that Percy knows too.  We understand that one of the members of Three Dog Night stays here in Placencia.  Wouldn’t that be fun if he stopped by?!

We decide to head out to the pool and I quick rinse and throw the black beans in the crock pot for tomorrow’s dinner (I can't wait).

Barefoot Beach Bar is having a big Halloween party tonight, and we are going with Bobby and Jan to have dinner and fun.  But Gerald brought his guitar out at the pool this afternoon and sang a few songs, so now Bobby wants to set up something tonight!


(Francisco, Gerald & Bobby at the pool)

So, we’ll head to the Paradise Resort for dinner and a few songs and then maybe head to the BBB.  I’ll try to video some and post – but I didn’t have good luck with that the other day!  I’ll let you know how it goes tonight. (with the anti-bug juice and otherwise!)

Also...keeping an eye out on "Tomas." That's gonna be a BIG one! ...everybody blow really really hard and long at the same time towards the south/southwest to keep that big sucker down in the Atlantic and away from us here! (my purse supplies are running low! =)  

LOVE YA ALL AND THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS! I LOVE READING THEM AND KNOWING SOMEONE BESIDES ME IS READING THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment