Monday, April 18, 2011

April 16-17, 2010

Saturday, April 16, 2011:

FINALLY!  Sun!  And only a few white puffy clouds visible on the horizon! Should be a great day at the beach! YAY!

I was up until 1:30 this morning trying to upload video and pictures to the blog.  Guess we will be doing without the video…I’ll try again later! For now…I’m just trying to post and catch up!

We got stuff ready and headed to the beach.  It was a fabulous day! Sun, no clouds, perfect amount of breeze…just fabulous!  The only bad thing was sea grass floating in the water.  Guess the storms stirred it up and it was coming to shore! Oh well…didn’t get in anyway, and I wasn’t going to let that ruin the beautiful view of the blue sky, ocean and white sand!

There was a guy on the beach today that had a telescoping fishing pole.  Gerald watched him intently (secretly wishing he had brought his I’m sure!).  But, he wasn’t fishing for fish…he was fishing for boat people! He ties money (like a quarter or something) on the end of the fishing line, casts it towards the water and when someone goes by, sees it and bends down to pick up the money, he starts reeling it in! Scares the snot out of a lot of ‘em! It’s a lot of fun - to watch anyway! We’ve seen him in years past, but I guess they are coming later in the year now.

We came home at the usual time (4pm), hosed the sand off, made dinner, watched TV and went to bed.  Busy day huh!?

Took some pictures of the little historic Caribbean houses on the way to the beach today.  …hope you can see them… we were traveling fast…! Most of these are taken in the Quarter d'Orleans on the French side:

You can see the original little house by the roof, that has been build onto!
 This one (behind the yellow building) is going through some remodeling!
 There is a little restaurant/bar on the left, a restaurant/bar on the right, and a little 
bitty shack in the middle!
Here it is a little closer! By the way - these are active business!
 This is a great example! No one lives in it that I have ever seen though!
 This is definitely a "fixer-upper!"
 This is a nice one! The family was probably very "rich" (comparatively speaking of course).
The house is on the second level to take advantage of the wind! It also sits on several acres.
 This is the "Old House".  (way in the back!) I think probably one of the oldest on the island.  It is a museum
and we have never been in.  I'll have to see if I can get Gerald to go. 
 This is one of the smaller Salt Ponds on the island. 

 This is what the weather should be like every day! =)
This is overlooking the Quarter d'Orleans 
 This is a goat on the side of the road.  Probably could have stuck my hand out and touched him.  

 Cows on the run!
 This is another little hut that needs some TLC! 
  This is a cute little gingerbread home! 

Sunday, April 17, 2011:

Dealing with insurance this morning.  How frustrating! Registering…setting stuff up! Absolutely ridiculous!  PLUS - I hit an odd key stroke combination on my lap top (while using the Prt Sc button – since I don’t have a printer to print pages) and my keyboard is stuck using the number pad! I don’t know how to get it unstuck! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGG!  This is what everything was looking like: S6 th5s 5s what everyth5ng 3662ed 352e! aaaaahhhhh!  Ok…after hitting a thousand key stroke combinations, I finally got that straightened out! Phew! That was a rough one! Gawd only knows what I did when I was hitting the key combinations to reverse it!  It will probably start translating everything into Chinese now!

It looks like another great day for the beach, so that’s what we will do! Got it all ready and headed out.  
And it was a stellar day at the beach! The floating sea grass was gone.  The sun and wind were perfect! Busy for no boats in actually. But still perfect!

We enjoyed our day and left at the usual time.  Back at the apartment, we cleaned up and I made tilapia for dinner, read my book, then went to bed.  That’s a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment