Monday, April 25, 2011

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday, April 23, 2011:

Got up this morning to kids splashing and jumping in the pool at 7am.  Fun for them…not so fun for me! 

Today Falo will finish my hair and I will get my special shampoo and conditioner.  I just can’t wait to get my hair washed! I’ve had to flat iron the kinks out for the last couple days. Nothing like the smell of heated dirty hair! Gag!  What we do for beauty! (not that it really works…but we try like hell!).  So at 11:30, we head to Xperts. Gawd it felt so good to have it washed, and Falo does the head massage too (not as good as Bobbie though).  Of course it turned out wonderful…and I look FABULOUS DAHLING! =)  Just ask Falo!

Oh…and I took a picture of the cute airplane kiddie seat.  Isn’t it cute!
**

Immediately after, we headed to the beach.  Since we were on this side of the island, we went through Marigot and Grand Case. Got some pictures for ya!

**
Rock walls…I think when the world had one great continent (Pangea) Sint Maarten must have broken off from Ireland! Just like in Ireland, the land is full of rocks, and they make fences and such with them!


This is going into Marigot - on the back side.



This is coming up to the roundabout between Agreement and Red Gate. This is probably one of the first ones I remember here.  It has a beautiful statue in the center!


This is the view coming down towards Grand Case.  the land on the horizon is the island of Anguilla.



 This road starts all the wonderful and yummy restaurants in Grand Case.  You can't go in this way (see the sign) so you drive around to the other end.  There is not enough time to visit all the wonderful restaurants.
 Rock quarry in the mountains!
 This the smaller salt pond and Le Galion beach beyond.
 This is Orient Beach from the hill!

The beach was awesome, and very hot.  Not a big breeze so we didn’t waste any time getting in the water.  The water is definitely warm today, by at least 10 degrees! Perfect! (Judy…just right for us!).  I also notice that there are lots of other people in the water today, and staying in.  Normally when the water is cooler, not too many people get in unless they are really, really hot.  No wonder people choose to come here during this time of year. It’s why we started coming at the end of March instead of January/February.  Plus it’s not so crowded either. 

We met some new people at the beach (Judith, Lori & Skip), but we weren’t there very long and it was time to leave.

We stopped at the store (tomorrow is Easter and Monday is Easter Monday, so everything is supposed to be closed again), came home and had leftovers for dinner.  It’s a quiet night in the neighborhood. Since it’s Easter, one of my all time favorite movies is on TV… “The Ten Commandments” with Charlton Heston as Moses!  I love it when Ann Baxter (Nefertiri) says to him: Mooooosessss  Mooooosessss Moooosessss! Aaaaaahahahaha!!! I love it! The overacting is hysterical and the color and effects were astounding for way back then! I should get that on DVD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment