Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday, April 10, 2011:

Another clear day this morning looking at St. Barths while sitting on the deck having coffee. 

I decided to try to hand wash the mango slop off of my white top this morning.  When I got in the cabinet to get the stain remover sheet, I discovered a container of Oxy Clean. I forgot I bought it!  We haven’t done laundry in the new place yet, so that’s another thing we will probably do today – a couple loads of laundry.  I washed the blouse with the soap and nothing happened, it was still stained.  Then I put the Oxy Clean in the water and poof … stains gone! Just like on TV!  Blouse saved! LOVE IT!

About laundry - Gerald’s been going back and forth to the laundry room this afternoon. We don’t have a washer and dryer in this apartment, but there are pay machines in the basement near the office.  $2 to wash - $2 to dry.  Unfortunately more like $4 to dry because the clothes didn’t get very dry with the first $2 and Gerald brought them back up a little wet, so I was forced to hang laundry on my deck.  How embarrassing.  Guess I’m fitting in with the locals though!

Gerald said the mosquitoes are crazy down there too.  He sprayed himself with bug spray before he went to put the second load in the dryer.

Don’t know what else we will do today.  We’re kind of in mourning since all our friends left. Nothing to do but think about what to have for dinner.  I might make sketty with Paul’s homemade sauce. Or we could have the leftover chicken we got from the lolo in Grand Case. Or maybe put both together and have chicken parmesan!  Decisions, decisions.

It’s a little boring today doing nothing, so I decided I would give myself a pedicure!  Haven’t touched my toes since San Pedro, Belize!  They sure did need it.    Whacha think?

** My loverly toes:
 (check out St. Barth's in the background! =)
Beautiful huh? (Thanks for the kit Brenda!)

And this is what happens when you decide to take a nap next to me while I’m giving myself a pedicure! HA!
 **Not so loverly as mine!

Its dusk and we hear some commotion downstairs, just below our deck, so I go out and see what the deal is.  Someone is parked in the lot below us and it looks like they are going to wash their car.  I didn’t realize there was a hose down there or that they would allow you to wash your car here! Well, after a while I found out I was right - you can't.  There isn’t a hose, but they sent some little girls over the fence to get buckets of pool water.  They are washing their car with water from the pool.  uh…ok then!  That’s a new kind of car wash in my book!  I wouldn’t think that would be good for a paint job!

It’s dinner time so I’ve put the chicken and Paul’s spaghetti sauce in a pan to simmer a while. I made some garlic bread to go with it too.  It turned our really, really good!

Well, nothing else eventful happened besides fighting off the skeeters and frying them with my Killer Bat! We’ll see what tomorrow brings! Nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment