Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday, April 14, 2011:

It rained off and on all night, and sometimes it poured! That may have foiled our plans for the beach today.  But the sun may come out, so we will keep our fingers crossed that it turns good. 

Well…it’s a little later in the day, and no such luck.  No sun.  Cloudy, cool and a little gusty.  Not beach weather, in my book anyway. I put a meatloaf in the crock-pot and we need to go to the grocery store to get mashed potatoes, among some other things.  We took off and headed towards Cost-U-Less first. The traffic getting there was a nightmare!

While at Cost-U-Less, I ran into Monica (my jewelry connection in St. Maarten!) and her son in the frozen foods isle! What a surprise!  It’s been a year or so since I’ve seen him and he is SO TALL! Got to be 6’! And he has turned into quite the handsome young man! Look out girls! We stopped and talked a while and we’ll have to meet up for lunch again!  We said goodbye and continued with our shopping. I hurt my ankle again stretching for something on an upper shelf…youch! Sick and tired of this.

Limped outside to the car and put the groceries away in the rain. We then went to Sang’s to pick up a few other items that Cost-U-Less didn’t have. I pulled my charge card out to pay and the cashier told me there was a minimum of $25 to use the charge card.  Bummer! I was at $23.45!  So I HAD to buy something else! Unfortunately there was no jewelry within reach, so I ended up buying a couple Toblerone’s instead! Chocolate … Diamonds? It’s a close second!

We weren’t there long, just got a few things, then came back to the apartment.  It was raining pretty good by then, and we got up to the room as quickly as we could and put stuff away.  Gerald took a nap, and I read my Nook for a bit.  I finished the meatloaf and stuff to go with it. And then we ate. I don’t think beef tastes the same down here.  It was ok…but not like home. (which is why Mark brings his own!) Oh well! I have cookies and brownies to drown out the taste!

Found out tonight that my niece Amber is engage to Steve! Congratulations you guys!  Par-tay!!!

It’s raining again – sometimes pouring.   AND WE HAD THUNDER AND LIGHTENING TOO! I’ve never seen or heard that here, ever! Rain clouds just come and go quickly but this is a first! It’s just hanging around!  Now it’s raining so hard you can’t even hear the tv for the noise of the rain drops hitting the tin roof! Now we’ve lost cable signal! Better get the candles and flashlights ready! Once again…good sleeping weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment