Friday, April 8, 2011

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Thursday, April 07, 2011:

Woke up this morning to someone using what sounded like a circular saw … at 7am! Really people? But I was tired…so I went back to sleep! (can’t get me that easy!)  I didn’t sleep much longer though and got up.  There are 4 big and 1 small cruise ships in today.  It’s going to be busy in Phillipsburg and on the beach!  I put some beef and mushroom soup in the crock pot for supper – Gerald really likes that - so dinner is out of the way now!

I’m having problems getting to update my blog this morning.  Don’t know why. It only seems like there are a few web sites I’m having trouble with and one of them is mine!  (and it’s NOT operator error GREG!)  Of course, it is the Caribbean and nothing runs smooth! I’m going to give up for now, and try again later…because I’m just getting frustrated. Walking away and coming back later always seems to work well.  Funny how that is!

The solution to all this frustration …?  Beach, of course!  So we packed the bags and headed out.  Past the cruise ships and their passengers walking to Phillipsburg and to the beach!  We meet up with Paul, Debbie and then Mark & Bonnie show up.  The umbrella went up with ease using the new giant tent stake, and today I used its shade, having gotten a little crispy yesterday!  The beach was perfect. Not much wind or clouds, that is until about 2:30 when the wind all of a sudden picked up!  Gerald had to hold on to the umbrella for fear it would blow away.  They were joking that he would be wind surfing soon! We finally took it down and I turned my chair so that my back was to the wind, because sand was getting in my book, in my eyes and I was even chewing it! YUCK!  4pm couldn’t some soon enough after the wind started! I was glad to get in the car with no wind! Till we started driving that is.  Gerald likes to have the windows down! Oh well!

We made it back to the apartment no worse for the wear.  Showered and put some rice and cream cheese in the crock to finish supper. Then I steamed some veggies for me.  After supper, I was able to get on line and post to update my blog. Yay! Could have gone to bed at 7:30 but decided to update my iPhone as well.  That was going to take a few hours, so I read my Nook for a while until I couldn’t hold my eyes open any longer, and finally relented to Mr. Sandman’s sleep dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment