Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monday, April 11, 2011


Monday, April 11, 2011:

I’m having problems getting to my website again this morning.  So far it has been a hit and miss situation.   I’ve heard the government censors websites and content…so maybe I have the right combination of words to make it an issue. Who knows.  I’m able to easily get to other sites…but there are a few that I have more trouble with, like anything to do with Google and Capital One!  Sometimes if I reset the modem I can get in, but even this morning that’s not working.  After about 5 resets I finally got it to work but I may just have to run to the store to see if they can check it out or maybe they can give me a new modem.  We also have to go mail our tax extensions too, just in case, so we’ll be out anyway.

I’m also dealing with the COBRA issue this morning.  On top of Pundmann changing their mind mid-stream about allowing Gerald to COBRA health benefits until he reaches 65 (which would just be 6 more months), now I can’t get a straight answer about payment.  So far we have been making payments directly to Pundmann. Now they are telling us that payment instructions will come from and be paid to the insurance company directly.  And to totally complicate the matter, the COBRA benefits instructions, that the benefits company sent, says that the payments are to be made to Pundmann. So I’m a little confused! Here’s the big problem with that: We’re not home in order to get any information from the insurance company. Plus, I didn’t bring my checkbook – not like I can write a check and stick it in the mail!  Just would like to get a handle on what exactly the proper procedure is, and now I wonder who to believe.  Well, I can’t think about it anymore right now, so we’ll get ready and do our errands.

First, we went to Scarlet to check on the modem.  They told me they did have some bad issues this weekend but they should be resolved.  They told me I should call them from the apartment when it happens again so they can find out what the deal is from there.  Guess I will do that. 

Next we went to the MailBox down the street to mail our extensions.  Probably should have mailed them sooner, but I suppose as long as they are post-marked right? Plus if we are out of the country we get an automatic extension till June 15 anyway. The cost to mail two envelopes to the IRS? $5.70! Good grief! Wonder if I can deduct that as an expense…? Too bad we don’t get to itemize anymore!

After the postage shock, we ran down the road and picked up some vine tomatoes for salad tonight, then stopped at a place in Simpson Bay to get information on renting a room/apartment in a building we saw there.

Next we head to the Carousel.  It’s the new gelatoria in Simpson Bay. Seems like it’s taken them about 5 years to build and finish, and we’ve wanted to go there for a while (never did go while Bob and Judy were here, and we usually get ice cream a couple of times). It’s supposed to have an actual carousel in there!  So we park and head in.  OMG! I’m in heaven! This is a gelato palace! Look at the counter! And the chandelier! This is no ordinary ice cream shop! And variety! This place is giving the Tuti Fruti in Placencia Belize a run for its money on my favorites list! I asked for a few samples and it’s so hard to choose! Gerald ended up getting a scoop each of coconut and chocolate and I got a scoop each of the caramel & brownie and Snickers! And it was absolutely FABULOUS!  I love gelato and this was excellent!!  If you ever get here…you gotta go there!
**Here is the outside of the building!
 Looks like a palace coming in, huh?
 Check out this chandelier! In an ice cream shop!  
 An Adult Beverage Section!
 A gift shop - for people like me who buy anything, anywhere!
 You can have your very own replica of the Carousel Gelateria!
 The kitchen where you can see them making the gelato!mmmmm
 And the flavors.... ice chest #1...
 ...ice chest #2...
 ...ice chest #3...
 ...ice chest #4...that had cakes and waffle sandwiches!
There was nothing left in my bowl! I would have
licked it clean - but I didn't want to embarrass myself ...
too much!
 ...this is me eating my gelato! =)

We finished our gelato (I cleaned myself up) and then headed out back to the carousel. Wow, it’s a pretty good sized one!
**Cool!


I hope they stay in business because they have an excellent product.  Unfortunately they have a lot of bling and stuff to maintain!

After that, I think I need to take a nap so we head straight back to the apartment!

Since it was another clear day, I took a picture of Saba! Check out how the clouds hang around the mountain peak!
**This is Saba - a view from St. Maarten!

We got back, ate a little lunch, I worked on the internet a while (no success!), then took a nap while it rained! (Nothing better than taking a nap in the rain! Love the smell too!)  Got up, worked on the computer some more, fixed a salad for dinner, chased a stealthy mosquito around the apartment for hours (cussed while I was swinging and missing the little bugger!). Unfortunately he got me between the knuckles and on the palm of my hand! Grrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment