Monday, April 25, 2011

Friday, April 22, 2011: Good Friday – Major Holiday

Friday, April 22, 2011:  Good Friday – Major Holiday

Today is Good Friday.  Happy Good Friday everyone!  On Sint Maarten it’s a major holiday.  Everything is closed.

The skies are thick with haze.  It’s relatively clear, but there is no wind, so it’s gonna be a scorcher. The sea breeze is what keeps the temps reasonable down here in the Caribbean! And without it, it’s brutal! 

Don’t know about the beach today.  We were getting ready, but Gerald’s concerned that it’s going to be too hot and more importantly he isn’t feeling well, so we may just stay at the apartment. Plus…I can’t wash my hair…and I feel absolutely GROSS!  Especially since I was at the beach yesterday and was sweating and got sand in it already! Ew. So I’ll just put some chicken in the crock-pot and be done with dinner already.

I hear home is getting lots of rain. Try to stay dry up there…and be sure to keep your windows rolled up when you are driving! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment