Friday, December 24, 2010

December 22-24, 2010

December 22-24, 2010:

No phones yet, and not all of the satellite receivers are getting full service. We have to make lots of calls and have to use the cell phones.  Cell service up here is sketchy at best and to get them to work half way good, you have to stand by and lean into the front window, tilt your head to the east, and hold one leg up!  I’ll be glad when the phone us up! 

We’re trying to make a list of what we have to do today and need for the kids at the grocery store. Time slips away, and we are going to have to take the kids to the store with us! (help us!) Unfortunately the water is off again (and yes it’s paid)…luckily I got a shower and brushed my teeth before it went out.  We made the call to the water company – hopefully it won’t be out long, but we’re getting used to having water problems!  

We get to Carla’s before the kids get off the bus, and have parked up the street in hopes of surprising the kids.  They were definitely surprised and excited!  Then we dragged them to Sams and Shop-n-Save! Torture for a kid (and adults too)! But we made a big finish at McDonald’s and all was well.

We got things to make cookies for Santa and Rice Krispies Treats – but I didn’t get any crafts.  I guess we’ll have plenty to do anyway.  I think I have some stuff to make snowflakes, but not any kid scissors so we’ll see if we can do that. They are really excited that it’s supposed to snow and brought all their snow clothes.

Thursday we made about 6 dozen cookies. A few for Santa, some for mom and dad, and the rest we will be taking to Jeff’s and Annie’s for everyone on Christmas!  Bradley only barely lasted long enough to get 2 cookies decorated for Santa and one for himself!  Erica helped me finish the rest and boy was she exhausted! I told her she should remember all the hard work it takes do all that, and to remember the next time she sees cookies, cake and big meals! Ha!

CenturyLink finally came about 3:30pm on Thursday to hook up the phone.  So now I can catch up with e-mails and my blog…in between picking up after and playing with the kids. Ok…realistically…nothing will get updated until after Christmas.      

We woke up Friday to snow…and the kids are so excited.  After breakfast, Bradley is the first to get himself ready to go outside!  I remember how I loved snow when I was a kid.  Now I’m an adult…and it only looks pretty in pictures! =)  But at least it will be a white Christmas…although I would prefer a white “sand” Christmas!

The kids are out playing in the snow…so I have a few minutes to update the blog and wish everyone a safe and very Merry Christmas! Can’t wait to try to visit and catch up with everyone before we leave for St. Croix! 

Let it snow…Let it snow…Let it snow!  =) 


 (catching snowflakes!)


Don't know when the next update will be, but stayed tuned...i'm sure something will happen that I will write about! 

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment