Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday, December 10, 2010 - UPDATED

Friday, December 10, 2010:

Another cool sunny day.  We hear that the temps back home are 89°, nice to know the weather will be warm when we get back! =) 

Testing the crackers I made last night…they are yucky and taste like moth balls.  I tried to bake the taste out…but it’s still there. ew. That’s one of the problems with food here – everything must past the sniff test!  What a waste of time – and a trip in to town last night!  Guess we have some fish bait!  Now I need to figure out what to make for the dinner instead…and something to do with the havarti cheese I bought.  I love toasts, havarti and caramel with nutmeg…I could do that…but now I have to get bread to make the croutons, caramel and nutmeg!  Here we go! We’ll probably have to go to 12 stores before we find it all!

I’m looking for a way to put music on the web page too.  I swear it takes me hours to research and get this stuff done! No wonder web page designers charge so much money to do this! But time is slipping away and I have to get to the stores!   

Back again… we only had to go to 3 stores! Nice! I won’t have time to make the pralines today…will have to do that tomorrow! Looks like rain clouds to the east…hope it holds off until late!

Gerald has showered already and is taking a nap...better go get my shower done before the breeze quits and I lose my hair dryer!  

Off to Coco Locos!  Unfortunately the breeze went away (so my hair is still wet) and there is no wind to blow the skeeters away…and they are attacking! Which means we have to grease and spray down! Ugh!!

The appetizers were a hit! One guy was making layers of the caramelized onion dip with Ritz crackers and called them “Big Macs”!

Another guy was standing in the corner with the tray of havarti and caramel toasts! But he did make sure everyone else was done!  We were so busy talking and stuff that Gerald didn’t even play his guitar!

I only ended up getting one bite of Linda’s stew but it was good.  Luckily I did get some of the fish Ken brought – it was good too, but not as good as our barracuda in Placencia! =) (course I’m a little prejudice about that!).

Everyone started going home, and just in time…a little rain started coming down!

No comments:

Post a Comment