Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday, December 19, 2010 – Our last day in Belize

Sunday, December 19, 2010 – Our last day in Belize:

The weather sure has turned nice, just in time for us to leave!

Gerald did a good job of really helping me fold and pack the suitcases (no…really he did!). It’s hard to pack everything anyway since we still have to shower tomorrow morning then figure out what to wear between here and the arctic north!  But most of it is done, and we have returned everything else in the condo to its rightful place. We’ll gather up the unused supplies and see if Linda wants them.

We took our old crackers over to the ocean and tried to feed the fish.  Not too many fish, but then the gulls came and it started to look like an Alfred Hitchcock movie and I felt a little like Tippy Hedren!

 (Coco Locos swim up bar!)



 (Linda and Marlin)

 (Feeding the Fishes!)

Took a few pictures of Coco Locos, talked a bit, then came back to the condo.  Linda has made some stew and that’s what we are having for dinner. (can’t wait!)

I’m trying to get everything done, but it’s hard to pack all the food and cleaning stuff up because I might get a craving in the middle of the night or need to clean something.  But, most can go and we box the majority of it up and take it to Linda. Linda has the stew ready and she gives us a pot full.  We’re hungry and eat it as soon as we get it back up to the condo. Man is it good! YUM!  She should have a little kitchen over there!  But now that we are done eating…Gerald and I are both have a bad craving for something sweet, like cake or something like that.  We both agree we are going to hunt down a Twinkie or vanilla Zinger when we get to Houston.  Wonder if they have them there?  If not…we are stopping by the first store I see and get a box (or two) of Twinkies and we’re going to eat them all on the way home! Sugar coma…here I come! =)

Now that we have stuffed our bellies…we’ll probably run over to Coco Locos tonight for a final drink and say our final good-byes!  =(

UPDATED:

We hit the Tiki Bar at Reef Village real quick to see if Rashida is there so we can say goodbye to her, but she isn’t so we get a quick drink and head to Coco Locos.  We have a couple of drinks there, visit some and play clacker. It’s a dice and numbers game…I’ve played it at my cousin Machelle’s parties. It’s fun. 



(here we are with Linda and  Marlin!)

We close Coco Locos down and head back to Tiki Bar to hear Dennis Wolfe’s last set.  It’s a fun night for our last evening in San Pedro (but I could have picked a better night than our last night to catch a buz - we have to fly tomorrow!!).

I e-mailed Pam and Rob last week to ask how they want to handle inspecting the apartment and turning over the keys before we leave. I hadn’t heard from them yet, so I called Rob tonight, who is managing the apartment (Pam is the owner).  Rob says he doesn’t have time to inspect the apartment, and instructs me to leave the keys at the Tropic Air front desk (not with a neighbor here).  Ok. Strange...but whatever they ask!  I’ll be sure to take pictures of the apartment.  Then I get an e-mail from Pam when we get back to the condo, instructing me to leave the keys in the apartment if Rob isn’t taking us to the airport. ???? Now what!?!? I e-mailed Pam to let her know the conflicting requests and hope that she e-mails me before we leave.  If I don’t hear from her, I guess I’ll leave the keys at the airport as the local manager has instructed. I don’t know what else I can do! Good grief!

So with us traveling tomorrow and home for the holidays – about 3 weeks total – there probably won’t be daily postings. But, if something unusual or interesting happens, I’ll post it. (which is possible – we have the grandkids for a few days and I plan on making our regular holiday cookies!)  Otherwise, the regular postings will begin once again on a daily basis probably around January 10, 2011 when we travel next.  I’m sure there will be some sort of incident to report! =)

Thank you everyone who made our Belize trip memorable and full of interesting and fun times.  We will remember you forever! We hope to come back!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!  I wish you all much love, peace and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment