Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday, December 16, 2010 - UPDATED

Thursday, December 16, 2010:

It’s raining this morning. Lots of dead skeeters on the deck again.  Seems we’ve been sweeping them off every morning for the last week!  Occasionally a bird comes by and eats a few of them. But at least it feels warmer! 

Gerald said he saw a big truck of armed military go by real fast this morning heading north.  We’ve seen some in town too, but at first we thought it was because a guy got shot here last weekend (a local) and they were afraid of retaliation. But we’ve seen others a couple days ago, and with this sighting going up north, maybe it’s because of the Mexican diplomat coming.  You see armed military all the time in Mexico…but this is new for us here in Belize.  We didn’t see any in Placencia.  I don’t know when this diplomat is coming…but I sure hope he/she doesn’t come when we are trying to leave!

Well, I’m off to my massage…talk soon!

Update:

Got my massage and pedi’s.  It was great!  The layout of the place is really cool…I’m noting it for when I build my Caribbean home! =)   My appointment was at 1, so I told Gerald to give me a couple hours (so that would be 3)…he came at 2. He left once and came back with a Dr. Pepper and M&M’s, ate some and left the rest of the M&M’s for the girl who was doing my pedi’s! Lesson learned – drive yourself next time.

On the way back, we stopped and picked up the carving I ordered from Rasta James.  He did a good job.

James Brown also saw us on the beach talking to Rasta James and came down to ask me about the havarti cheese toasts I made for the Coco Locos feast last Friday! He really really liked them and wants the recipe so he can impress a girl I'm sure! =)  (he’s a good lookin guy Freida!)

On the way back, we notice that the roads are getting a little bumpier, guess from the rain we’ve had. I almost fell out once, when Gerald made a quick left to “dodge a hole.”  That’s what he said anyway…an accident! 

Back safely at the condo…we eat dinner…then go to bed!  What a rough day!

No comments:

Post a Comment