Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday, December 18, 2010:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLA! 

It’s a nice sunny and warm day! YAY! 

Found a cool app for my iPhone last night so that I can pull up song lyrics for Gerald.  Now I just have to get a list of all the songs he doesn’t know…ok…right…that’s an easy task!?  I wonder if I can get a bigger chip for my phone...? Gerald doesn’t seem to be as excited as me.  I’m thinking I might try to get one of those little computer gadgets and just have song lyrics on it for him, so he won’t need to have a book or anything. He seemed open to that. He has been using my iPhone to practice a couple new songs that people have requested, so he’s getting a little practice!

Guess we’ll go in to town to get some gas…maybe even get a “Gringo in Belize” t-shirt and then take a final road trip up north.  We understand you can go pretty far now since they have fixed the road…so we’ll take a video and show it to you!

Need to go ahead and do some organizing and packing today too.  Might as well get some of the stuff put away that we don’t need and get that out of the way.

First we’ll head to town to take the big water jug to the water company and get our deposit back and then get some gas.  After that, we stopped at BC’s (it’s a beach bar/restaurant) because we hear they have Gringo In Belize t-shirts there. The owner is apparently a Cubs fan! Harumph!  So you know I had to get out my lucky Cardinal cap and wave it around! Neener neener neener!



 (was Chick McGee here?)

 (A new slogan for Stupies?)

Despite all of the Cubs paraphernalia there, we have a drink and ask about what shirts they have.  We should have come here sooner in our visit…the drinks are WAY cheap...only $1.50 each!! So put that on your list of stuff to do if you are here…go to BC’s…they are the cheapest drinks by far!  The bartender totally ignores our requests about t-shirts – don’t know why – but he did. So we finish our drink, pay and leave.  

We trek down the road to Fido’s to see about getting a shirt there since that’s one of the places Dennis Wolfe sings on a regular basis and said they sell his shirts too.  The shirts they had were slim pickins…and they only had one large shirt for Gerald in some gawd-awful ugly hunter/mustard orange (having flashbacks Judy?!).  No thanks! While I’m sure if he wore it you would be able to pick him out of a crowd at ½ a mile away…I just wouldn’t want to be that close to him with that shirt on period! But I did get a small long sleeved white one for me.  I’ll need it for our trip home…since I can’t really do my laundry, and didn’t bring sufficient winter clothes to come back home to such cold temps. Think I’m going to wear multiple layers to try to keep warm! That will make my suitcases lighter too!

Shirt obtained, we drive around looking for the cell phone store that will unlock my iPhone for cheap.  $30 BZE – that’s $15 US.  At home…you pay around $100.  The guy is out and won’t be back till Monday.  There goes that opportunity! Oh well. Back to the condo…we’ll take the beach road to take a video.

So, here is the beach road.  It’s definitely a nice view, and there are several places to rent and/or buy.  They obviously didn’t do any grading on this side!


Then, we go to the North side.  You can see where they have put gravel (and I use that word loosely) – it’s more like blast fragments! But…still better than it was before!  You mostly see the back side of the resorts and places, and they usually take water taxi’s to get there.  These roads are killer – even after grading!


On our way back we decide to stop at the Lazy Croc to get some of their BBQ.  It’s so good and you get like 5 lbs of meat! Gerald and I should have gotten one to share! We don’t see the croc when we get there so the waitress throws out some bread, which makes the fish flop, which makes the croc come swimming very fast from across the pond…this is the one that has half his lower jaw missing…

Back to the hole.  Better get busy packing, tomorrow is going to fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment