Saturday, January 15, 2011

Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday, January 14, 2011:

What to do today.  Nothing I suppose.  I really need to clean the drawers out so I can put all the clothes away and organize them.  That way it will feel more like where I’m living…not just where I’m staying, so it will be more comfortable.  While I was doing that, Gerald took a walk up and down the street to check out the area.  That’s good.  No questions! =)  He found another grocery store (but didn’t pick up anything).

During occasional breaks out on the deck, we see the mongoose again.  There is a whole HERD of them.  Ok, technically herd is not correct.  Several or a group may often be called mongeese, mongooses,  mongaggle, mongi, business or trouble (which sounds more appropriate) or even the related meerkat that live in a troup,  but whatever they are called, there is a WHOLE BUNCH of ‘em down there!  They live in those bushes and busily crawl around in them, up, down and around and they chirp and chatter.  Quite entertaining. They remind me of my cousin Machelle! Busy busy busy – moving all the time!  =)    Sometimes they make noise and they sound like a cat fight! Weird! (oh…and the noise isn’t like my cousin Machelle…except for when she and I get together, we chatter and make a lot of noise)

There is a rooster in the distance that constantly crows.  I hear him at all hours of the day, and all hours of the night.  This rooster is apparently STUPID because he can’t tell when the sun is coming up, or going down.  He needs to be a chicken dinner, and I may make it a quest to find him….and have a chicken dinner.  At least he is not outside my window, otherwise I would have a chicken dinner today.

There are also water planes that fly in and out of Christiansted.  We hear them too, but at least they wait until after sunrise to make noise…! (unlike that stupid rooster)

Well, I’m done organizing and working around the “house” today.  I’m going to rest and watch a little TV then go to bed.  ‘nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment