Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday, January 12, 2011:

Gerald got up before me this morning. I finally rolled out of bed at 8:30am. Not much sleep, but I can always take a nap later! =)  It’s cooler today.  Cloudy and raining off and on. Still better than cold and snow! My fingers are finally starting to heal and not hurt so much. When I left home, 6 out of 10 fingers had Bandaids from being cracked and bleeding from the dry cold air, and they hurt so bad. And of course I kept bumping and bashing them on stuff…which made it worse.  I don’t have that problem here. Bonus of the moist salty air in the tropics! Put that in the “pro” side of my list!

But with the rain, comes being stuck inside, which means we won’t be roaming around today, although Gerald did take a walk down the beach between the rains this morning. It will be a good day to catch up on my blog! (hope that makes you happy Bob!)

Between the rain downpours we get to go out on the deck to look around.  I spotted a mongoose running around in the garden below…which means no snakes. That will make Gerald happy.  He hates snakes.  I’m surprised we’ve seen as many geckos as we have too.

I did a little research on real estate here. Looking at the condos for sale on the MLS – mostly in the area where we are now.  Seems like several condos are for sale in each complex.  The assessments also seem high to me, especially considering the condition of the buildings we’ve seen.  I know that being next to the ocean means lots of erosion and lots of upkeep because of the salt water.  It just seems that the upkeep is lacking in comparison to the fees being paid. Assuming they are being paid.
   
Well, the rain has kept us in pretty much all day today.  It’s not been all that bad though. I love listening to the rain fall and the drops hit the leaves on the trees and palms. Then you immediately hear the frogs croaking.  They are definitely excited for the rain!

Getting ready for bed, and we hear a couple having an argument next door and in the parking lot. Right underneath the bedroom window.  Really people? Do you not have enough self respect that you can’t keep your traps shut or wait until you get inside your condo before you further insult or piss each other off more?  Must you really air your dirty laundry in such a fashion? Must you also include everyone in the complex in your personal crap? We don’t want to hear it.  And lady…do you honestly think by screaming at the top of your lungs that someone will feel sorry for you?  Not today.  If you are screaming for help…I’m there…but I don’t feel sorry for you when you are screaming obscenities or can’t act any better than spoiled rotten 12 year olds – all because you can’t hold your liquor. Now shut up and go to your room.  Seriously!

That reminds me.  There is a webcam in Christiansted where you can see live video feed on the dock.  I’ll let you know when we will be there…so you can get on line to look for us.  I’ll post the website on the right side of the web page when I find it too! (http://www.gotostcroix.com/live/harborcam.php)  Maybe we’ll see you soon!   

Other than that, it was just another lazy day in paradise. Nothing wrong with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment