Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday, January 25, 2011:

Slept in late today. Not much else to do. 

I look out the bedroom window and see that there is a lot of activity going on in the back of the resort next door.  They dropped off a big trailer yesterday and they’ve been getting boxes, tables and coolers out of it.  Looks like they are putting up a big tent too.  They must be having a wedding reception or maybe some big shindig going on this weekend.  They clang all day, pounding steaks in the ground till about 8pm, but they get it up.  There are 4 flags flapping in the wind…so now we will hear that all night.  But at least it will help to drown out the noise that the dogs and roosters make all during the night.


The doctor’s office called today to confirm my appointment and get some information.  She gave me information on who to contact to get my x-rays quick since I haven’t had any luck. Unfortunately I discovered that my appointment was made for the St. Thomas office…not here on St. Croix.  They only come here once a month…and the next available time is in March.  Ok then.  So I either fly to St. Thomas tomorrow, go back to Dr. Pederson to see if he can get me in or I just don’t go period.  I don’t think they are going to do anything anyway. But Gerald thinks I should go just in case, and maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea. I don’t know.  The swelling is starting to go down…but not all the way yet, and the bruise is coming out so it looks worse, but that is normal.

Gerald is starting to call me Peg Leg.  He can hear the crutches and the rhythmic clanking of me “walking” from around the corner and knows I’m coming in!  As soon as he hears me, he gets up, ready to gather all my stuff and bring it to me!  

Hard to believe we’ve been here two weeks already.  ‘Course, a lot of it has been spent in the condo…and not in a good way…because of my ankle.  It’s getting a little better.  But, I’ve been pretty good about not putting pressure on it, keeping it iced down, wrapping it, and elevating it. I’ve been moving it more too, trying to work out the soreness and get it loose. It hurts at first, but it does help. I can't seem to get rid of the swelling at the bottom of my foot...my toes don't touch the floor.  The bruise is really coming out. Yellow-green from my toes to about 4 inches above my ankle, with the dark purples where I probably tore the tendons & ligaments. If I didn't have some tan, it would probably be even more colorful!



Hopefully in another week or so, we’ll be out exploring. I hope so, because I’m not getting any better with these crutches.  If I have to rely on them much longer…I’ll probably injury myself worse!   

We put some chicken and rice in the crock pot for dinner and it turned out pretty good. Other than that, our day was pretty boring. Gerald took his regular walk on the beach looking for bait. So far he hasn’t fished once!

1 comment:

  1. Boy,you dont do anything halfway do ya.It makes my foot hurt just looking at it.ouchh.sure hope you get better soon.love ya.tell gerald hi.and I love him

    ReplyDelete