Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday, January 24, 2011:

Boy am I getting tired of sitting around having my leg propped up! I suppose this is when the frustration sets in.  That and cabin fever.  But, at least it’s warm and sunny. The only chance of frost bite here is going to be on my ankle from the ice packs!

Nothing else much happened today either. Other than me occasionally hobbling from room to room. Moving my foot. Bandage on – bandage off.  Frozen veggies on – frozen veggies off.  But for the most part, everyone was on their best behavior. Which also means no catastrophes.  

When Gerald went walking this morning, he also looked around to find an ankle brace that Will, the PT, said to get.  I bet he walked about 5 miles! He even went to a medical supply place and they didn’t have anything!  

I’ve tried to contact the hospital several times today to get my x-rays for the doctor’s appointment on Thursday…but no one ever answers the phone and I have left a few messages. They are not very responsive here – despite the fact that most of them get their higher education in “hospitality” because of the tourism industry. HA!  

Cooking dinner we heard the new neighbors that came in the night before.  Four women.  And boy do they cackle. Early in the morning and late at night. It’s already getting on my nerves…especially since I’m not one of the cacklers.  And of course, with all these new women, the fog of cologne from the guy next door wafted over and has permeated the condo. MAN! How much cologne do you think you need to apply for it to go through concrete and choke the neighbors? Unless he was standing out on his deck spraying it…but either way…  There are two new guys that came in yesterday too – so I guess it’s hard to tell who the scent was coming from. Got a feeling there’s going be fun had somewhere on the premises!

Well, that’s pretty much it for today.  Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment