Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday, January 15, 2011:

Waking up in the Caribbean again… how boring! =) (That is sooo mean! Sorry!)  Gotta figure out what to do today.  We decide we are going to go to the pool this afternoon.  So I get the beach bag ready and head down.  We settle at the pool, since the wind is pretty strong, and I hate being sand blasted! The sun is intense and it doesn’t take long before I can tell it’s cookin’ me! PASS THE SPF 50 AGAIN!  Gerald is sitting under the Royal Palm Tree, in the shade. Chicken.

Of course, baking in the sun makes me hot, so I go to get in the pool and the water is ICE cold…not just cold, sister….I mean it is ICE COLD!!  I could only get one foot in and had to take it out before hyperthermia set in.  BRR!  What are they doing? Piping this in from the North Pole? Is that an iceberg I see floating in there?  OMG it’s the Titanic!  (uh…naw…it’s just my reflection in the pool…phew!) Gosh. You can’t even get cold water from the faucet, how can it be this cold in the pool when it sits in the sun all day! Wow…that was a shocker! So I just splashed some on my face and arms and thawed in the sun some more.    

Now I’m lying in the warm sun getting toasty again, thawing my foot, reading my Nook when I notice birds in the sky.  We are right on the beach, and there is a reef out there, so it would be natural to see birds flying and fishing. We’ve seen the pelicans diving in the water from the deck. It’s so cool to watch.  There are gulls, frigates and pelicans just hovering over us, gliding in the air currents coming in from the Atlantic Ocean, perusing up and down the shore for fish to catch. They are just floating in the air, hanging there with no effort whatsoever.  Ummm… now that I think of it…they are hovering right over us!  Directly over me actually.     That can’t be a good thing.  I hope one doesn’t decide to let loose and make a deposit in the general vicinity of my lounge chair. Maybe I should move! Just to be on the safe side!  

We meet some people at the pool who are leaving this afternoon, and are taking in the last few minutes of sun before they head back home to Up State New York! I’d say! I would too, with all the bad cold weather you are getting up there…they’ll be lucky to make it past Florida!   Not long after that, we pack up too. 

So we get back from the pool and I check my computer.  I’ve received an e-mail from my credit card company about a possible fraudulent transaction.  We get that sometimes when we travel, but I thought I had called them and told them of our travel plans.  But, better call just to be sure.  Unfortunately, someone tried to make a $2,000 purchase with our credit card from an electronics store online. Wasn’t me…and you know it wasn’t Gerald. This means we have to cancel it and get another one. It makes it difficult and a little complicated when you are out of the country.  It took me about an hour, but we got the new card approved to send it here to us. Now…I have to remember all the automatic payments I have scheduled and update them with the new card information when I get it.  Hopefully none of the bills go delinquent…like the water bill. =)  You know how this credit card stuff makes Gerald grumpy… he LOVES credit cards! HA! (he’s mumbling about them already!) Oh well.  I’m just glad they caught it.  They are usually really good about identifying strange or out of the ordinary purchases.  Yay CapitalOne!  Plus, letting them know where we are helps them identify odd purchases too.  It’s been a while since we’ve had anything like this happen. So as long as you stay on top of it…it’s just mostly having to endure some inconvenience for a little while. Better that than paying for purchases someone else made – against your will and/or knowledge. And only I have the right to make purchases against Gerald’s will and/or knowledge!

Well…better get a shower and get the SPF scraped off.  The internet is down…so I can’t post until it gets up and running again…probably tomorrow when the office opens up in the morning.  Until then, we’ll make supper and I’ll update my blog or play with my phone (which I still love!). Till the next adventure! I’m signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment