Friday, January 21, 2011

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday, January 20, 2011:

Well, the night wasn’t too awful bad I suppose.  I took a pain pill, which helped, plus I was pretty worn out too.  Uncomfortable to be sure, and when I moved my leg at all, it hurt like crazy. 

Gerald went down to the office and got the FedEx package with our temp credit card. Yay!  So I got all the auto-pays changed so we are good to go there. None of our utilities will go unpaid! 

I get tired of lying in the bed, so I go to the living room, but by the time I get there, I’m worn out from the trip and need to go lie down again! The halls aren’t very wide so they’re a little hard to negotiate with crutches.

Sent Gerald to the grocery store today and then he went to K-Mart tonight. He called Big John to pick him up again, then John got another call about taking some people to Christiansted.  Gerald didn’t care really, especially after we had to cancel our fare last night.  And they were just down the street at the next resort anyway.  On their way into town, Big john was playing some music in the van and Gerald said every once in a while there would be this odd noise come out of the back of the van. He said it almost sounded as if it was in rhythm with the music playing. None of them could figure out what it was! Curiosity got the best of Gerald and he finally asked Big John what that noise was.  Apparently, and I’m not making this up, Big John had a goat in the back of the van. No Really. An actual, live, furry, bleating goat. Driving around with it in the back of his taxi van. Making some sort of bizarre goat noise while riding in the back of the van.  I asked Gerald if it didn’t stink up the van and he said no.  I just can’t imagine that it didn’t!  Goats are not known for their sweet-smelling odor.  Gerald said he asked John why he had a goat in the van and John said he was going to take it home to eat the grass and make baby goats.  Sounds reasonable. Doesn’t it?  And I missed it!

The cleaning lady came while Gerald was at the store. She mopped the floor (didn’t sweep first – just mopped), changed the towels out and the sheets. I think she took a rag and wiped the glass top tables off.  They sure need some instruction and direction here!
   
“Did I tell you that Gerald……”.  (..ok..I started to write something here, but I was under the influence of Tramadol and fell asleep…but when I woke up, I don’t remember what I was going to write! Something wonderfully funny I’m sure!)

Well, after going back and forth from the bedroom, to the livingroom to the deck trying to find a comfortable place, I was unsuccessful in my quest.  So I gave it up, and finally just went to bed. Tomorrow will be better I’m sure.

1 comment: