Sunday, March 13, 2011

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday, March 12, 2011:

Up early so we can try to get some sun in before having to take Evonne and John to the airport. Gerald made breakfast (naturally) for everyone. 

I think one of the guys next door must have a bad case of glaucoma – because I smell an “interesting” smell coming from that way.  You know the smell…similar to what you would find at a Jimmy Buffet concert!   Poor kid! Glaucoma at his age!

Evonne packed up her stuff and we went down to the pool to soak up the last few hours of hot sunshine they will see for a while.  We were there from 11-1, the hottest part of the day! Actually, the ice-pool felt good in that heat!

At 1 o’clock, we came back to shower.  Evonne and John packed the last of their things.  Gerald made lunch; BLT’s.

At 3, we left to take Evonne and John to the airport.  We had plenty of time so they checked in, got their boarding passes and we waited in the parking lot until it was time for them to go.  We did go to the gift shop to get them something to read on the plane and look around.  We saw some playing cards and I thought about getting them because they were all complaining when we were playing poker, about how they can’t see the numbers on the cards. (I don’t’ think it’s a problem…cause I can just tell them I have 4 aces all the time! ‘cept that didn’t work either!)  I got this deck the last time I was here, and thought another Caribbean themed deck would be fun.  I found a deck that had normal numbers…but it was $7.50!  I’m a certified spender - but I passed on that.  We’ll get some at K-Mart or something! Surely they will be cheaper there!

It’s always sad to bid your friends farewell, even though you will see them again.  We had lots of fun with Evonne and John, and it was nice to have someone here to talk to and do things with.  Otherwise we would just sit and do nothing…bum foot or no. 

After we left the airport, we went to Payless to look for some high-top tennis shoes so that I would have a shoe to brace my ankle. I found a pair, and guess what?  Gerald got a new pair of tennies too.  I know…that made you sit down didn’t it!  Good thing I was sitting down when he did it!  Now it’s time to go back to the condo…alone.  It was a quiet ride, and I texted Evonne that we were bored already!

But right now we have other things to worry about…like eating all the food we bought and have acquired before next Saturday! That’s when we leave for St. Maarten.  We have lots of leftovers; steak, pizza, chicken, salads, eggs, bacon, bread, hotdogs.  We also have frozen chicken and canned vegetables to eat as well.   That’s a lot of eating! We’ll probably have to eat 5-6 meals a day! (yeah, yeah…call me Mamaw! Don’t want to throw anything away so we’re eating it!)   I think Friday night we will have a can of lima beans and croutons.

Tonight I’m going to sauté some onions and mushrooms and cook the leftover steak in it, then make an open faced sandwich and cover it with provolone cheese.  Yum! …and of course salad…lots of salad. We have to eat the 5lbs of tomatoes we bought the other day!

The open faced steak sandwich was definitely yummy and Gerald really liked it – which is amazing.  We had a salad too and then a little ice cream for dessert!

Evonne and I were texting all night. Seems they had a long and grueling trip home.   Not the best flight experience I know, with ridiculous delays and lost luggage, but they made it home safe and sound…which is most important of all.  We are really glad they came to visit us!

No comments:

Post a Comment