Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday, March 1, 2011:

Went to Off the Wall tonight for dinner and entertainment.  They have a house band that plays and then have an open-mic session, so Gerald wants to go and see if he can get up and play. Kirby and Andy (aka Rob…Gerald and I can’t agree on his name! how embarrassing!) are going to meet us there too!

We got there, ordered drinks and dinner and waited for the sunset.  Saw a group of horses and  riders go by a couple of times.  That looks like so much fun.  I haven’t been on a horse in a hundred years! We actually saw a bunch of locals riding bareback in Fredericksted on Sunday evening. I remember doing that as a kid too…when I was stupid and didn’t worry about broken bones! =)  The food was good; Gerald had a club sandwich and I had a burger.  We understand they have great pizza and calzone there too. 

The worst part about this place … the bathroom.  On a scale of 1-10, I give it a -300.  Now, to me, bathroom facilities are an important and mandatory feature to any place.  Especially a Bar/Restaurant.  (this isn’t a fair or one time event)  They don’t have to be luxurious, just functioning and decent; and by that I mean no holes in the floor that you have to hover over!  (of course you know I always carry disinfecting wipes in my purse in case I encounter a bad one; but I don’t carry enough to clean out this one!)  And I wouldn’t even call this one a bathroom really; it’s actually just a port-a-potty.  A unisex port-a-potty (there is only one of them) and it doesn’t have a light…so at night you can’t see.  Might be ok for guys…but way not ok for girls.  There is a sink just outside so you can wash your hands – thank goodness for small things.  But, I didn’t use it, and needless to say I was floating by the time I got home.  I think I would rather squat on the side of the road than have used that one.  Yuck.   

Even though we are on the north shore, the sun should set behind the mountain, and with the clouds, it might turn out good. So we ate and waited. Off the Wall also gives out Sunset Shots…and you know we enjoyed one of those too!
 I thought this looked cool how the sun was right over the plant and how BIG it looks!

 We sat behind a bunch of yucca plants...so they are in lots of the pictures!




 I never expected to see celebrities on the island! Looks like the Travelocity Gnome! I didn't ask for an autograph though!
 Another sugar mill dotting the island in the distance!
 Horseback riders taking the horses in the ocean for a sunset swim!
 Pelicans diving for fish!



Got some pretty good pictures with this little Kodak, and some video of Gerald playing again…I’ll get them up on U-Tube soon as I can!  











 Sunset Shot - at Sunset!











The band didn’t know Gerald’s songs…but the crowd did enjoy the music and yelled for an encore!  All in all, the open mic was good.  Lots of good talent…no horrible American Idol rejects here tonight! 
(follow links to U-Tube!)

No comments:

Post a Comment