Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday, March 17, 2011:

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY EVERYONE! Hope you are A'wearin O the Green, that you don't trip over the Blarney Stone and that the Leprechauns leave their pots of gold for ya!

Cleaning day and we headed down to the pool to get some last minute sun while Agnes cleaned.  We’ll head to Christiansted about 3pm to pick up the glasses I ordered and stop in and have a drink at the Brew Pub…and I will be wearing my lucky STL Cardinals hat!

The Boardwalk was definitely hopping! No doubt in anticipation of all the Irish that live here celebrating St. Patrick’s day! Like we need another excuse to drink?  The sun rising and the sun setting, and every minute in between is not enough? =)

We sat down at the pub and ordered a drink…then later some French fries – seasoned of course! Cause I love the seasoned fried! YUM!  (I miss the ones I used to get at Uptown CafĂ©!) The waiter stopped and talked to us about St. Louis.  (noticing the hat I’m sure).  He is from Columbia and has friends from up where we are.  There is a cook from Jeff City, one of the bartenders is from Maryville, and a couple others.  Fun!

We watched a guy feed his leftover chicken wing bones to the fish.  Man they were 2-3 foot, and fighting over the bones he was throwing in.  Gerald tried his hand with fries…but apparently they don’t like the fries as much as they like chicken bones!





Every time a boat went by, they bartender blew a conch shell…then the boat would holler and yell back with their conch shell. Then everyone would whoop and holler.  Funny.  It’s the little things that make us happy!
(you can see the sea plane in the background too!) 

Our waitress got off duty and someone brought her dog to her! Isn’t she the cutest? 

Look at those little tennies!  I would TOTALLY have those for my dog! (well…I did have some rubber galoshes for Smokey!)

The people started coming down in droves to the Boardwalk – a little too busy for me.  We tried to call Big John to pick us up, but he wasn’t answering his phone…so I walked around the corner and hailed one from the taxi stand.  

Back home now.  Guess we will relax a little bit, then maybe pack some too. Tomorrow will be busy shoving things in the suitcases and doing the laundry so that I’ll have all clean clothes when we get to St. Maarten. I dread the move. But I’m definitely looking forward to seeing friends again!

No comments:

Post a Comment