Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday, March 9, 2011:

The guys golfed again this morning.  Evonne and I called Big John to take us to Christiansted to do some final shopping.  We made some pretty good progress (and purchases!).   But I gotta tell you, this not being able to buy pretty, shiny, sparkly stuff is killing me! I need to start a charitable donation fund; either that or get a job so I can earn some money!  Anyone got any suggestions as to what a 1.5 legged gal can do to earn some quick money?  …never mind…don’t answer that...it was strictly rhetorical.    

We spoke to a very nice lady in one of the boutiques and she gave us some great recommendations for places to eat and stores on the island.  Evonne and I decided that tonight we would all go down to the boardwalk and eat at Angry Nate’s or at Rum Runner.  So after we were done, we called Gerald to pick us up. 

We came home, waited a while, taking the opportunity to test the flavored rum’s we purchased.  Black cherry, banana and pineapple – all were pretty good, but I think the black cherry was the favorite of the three tested.  I’m looking forward to mixing banana, pineapple and coconut! Yum! 

After our “testing”, which was around 4:30 (old people dinner time!) we went back down to the boardwalk.  We ended up going to Angry Nate’s since they had a prime rib special for $22 which included a 12oz. steak, salad, potato, vegetable and desert.  That’s what Gerald and Evonne got.  John and I got lobster (me a 1lb and John a 2lb).  It was pretty good…not bad for the price for sure.  We brought the deserts home so we can have them tomorrow night! (we’re cooking in!)

After dinner, we came back and headed down to the pool – Gerald brought his guitar and played a bit, but I think it was too late for anyone else to show up.  Plus it was cool and windy, so we just came back up to the condo, had a drink and went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment