Sunday, February 6, 2011

February 4 - February 6, 2011

Friday, February 4, 2011, Saturday, February 05, 2011 & Sunday, February 06, 2011:

No news is good news huh?  Actually, in this case, no news means nothing was done and there is nothing to say! Not even Gerald did anything worth writing about! 

I know I can tell you I’m just about going stir crazy in here. I’m working on my ankle – and going through movement and pain cycles hoping eventually it will work properly. So now I’m able to put some pressure on it…and hopefully I’ll be going out soon.  We’ve checked on renting a wheelchair. That should help when I get to the breaking point if we are out!  I still have no idea what to do about a shoe yet!

The dance troop in the back had a good time Friday.  They were playing more of a local music and dance (Creole)…it was definitely livelier than the regular parlor tunes they’ve been playing!  I’m hoping today (Sunday) is the last day.  This going till 11 at night is getting on my nerves.  Gerald said on his walk Saturday, he saw another tent on the other side of the tennis courts.  Thankfully we don’t hear any noise from that end!

I guess like everyone else, we’ll be watching the Superbowl tonight.  Gerald went and got the traditional taco supplies, so we’ll be eating tacos like we have for years.  Naturally there are lots of places here that will be having parties. I wonder if we will hear any whoops and hollers.

I hear more nasty weather is hitting home. Yuck!

Update:

Gerald and I ate our tacos and got ready to watch the game. There is an obvious Green Bay fan downstairs, and he hollers loud with each touchdown and interception.  We’re rooting for the under-dog Pittsburgh…and you know I’m not quiet! =)  But congrats to all the cheese-heads! Pretty good game to watch really.

But I have to say…What in the world was up with the half-time show?  Peeee…UUUUUU!  It stunk worse than raw chicken gone bad! They should just cut that out and do something different.  Or get someone else to take charge of it…my gawd…have they run out of good ideas? And I think I could have gotten better sound from an old boom box! Did they get their sound system from the big flea market down there?  I think I’d rather watch the old marching bands play and do designs on the field like they used to!

Saw some funny commercials. (It’s really the only reason everyone watches anyway)  I think some of my favorites were the pappa & son bears getting the McDonald’s, Joan Rivers & GoDaddy, the VW “bug” and Darth Vader adds! Those were LOL moments!  And I must say, it looks like some good movies coming up this year…of course, I do love a good science fiction movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment