Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Wednesday, February 09, 2011:

Well, I was wrong about the Big Top.  They aren’t taking it down, in fact another band was in there this morning picking and practicing. So we only got a one day reprieve. The music they were playing had somewhat of an Irish music rhythm and tone.  Oh no.  No  – not Riverdance! Are we going to have to listen to clogging for the next week? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhh!  =)

I’m feeling a little frisky today, so I’m going to take a shower and then maybe endeavor to take a walk down to the pool! Exciting stuff for me – I’m so adventurous!   

Well…going down the stairs wasn’t so bad.  Made it to the pool within an hour! Gerald was walking faster than me if you can believe it!  He went for his walk down the beach and I sat by the pool and played games on my iPhone till he got back.  It’s pretty windy out today…and cloudy with spot showers.  Luckily we stayed dry.  We then headed back and took the long way up the other side of the condo’s and stopped to talk to security to see if there was a way we could get through the chained gate to Smuggler’s Cove…rather than having to walk via the street (add about 3 blocks) or via the beach (add a bucket of sand).  The office said management chained the gate and didn’t give anyone a key, so we don’t know what the deal is.  We may stop by tomorrow and see about it again.  It sure would be a lot easier to be able to go through that gate!  I really don’t want to do a crutch-marathon just to go get a drink and dinner!



But, it was nice getting out of the condo that is for sure … except everyone staring at me! Guess I better get used to that for a little while longer.   Making it up the stairs wasn’t as easy as going down, but still better than before. 

We stopped to talk to a couple of neighbors, so that gave me an opportunity to rest a bit.  The guy underneath us lives here. He’s had a box of stuff and a comforter set sitting outside his door since we came here. I don’t know if it’s going to the trash or what…but I don’t know that I would want it after it has sat out that long and I don’t know why he just won’t take it over to the trash bin!  They are starting to do some updating and repair work around here, like painting and repairing the rails, so I hope someone gets rid of it soon.

The big Irish Jig started about 8pm tonight and lasted till about 11. It wasn’t quite Riverdance (thank gawd) – mostly like an Irish square dance.  A couple of the songs actually sounded like a country square dance – with someone actually calling the dance moves (anyone recall gym class?).  And at one point I swear I thought I heard bag-pipes!  But for the most part, it’s definitely a primarily Irish sound.

A couple of times it poured rain – and lasted for a while too. But they just stopped, huddled in the middle and once it quit, started up again. Tenacious huh!  They do have more fun than the renaissance dancers, that’s for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you up and about.hang in there.you'll be running around in no time.Is Gerald walking the beach getting slim and trim?It's been cold here and i've been sitting around getting fat and sassy.lol.but,It's starting to warm up so we can get out and work our winter fat off.love you guys.Have Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerald walks everyday and leaves me cooped up in here! =) One day i'll be able to walk freely and will have some major shopping to catch up on! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete