Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Wednesday, February 02, 2011:

Ok…so last night the Big Top came to life, but  not until about 8pm.  There was a bunch of people and the “band” which consisted of a violinist, flutist, and keyboard (that I could tell so far) and they were playing and dancing. We had to listen and watch for a while but finally figured it out.  At first we thought it could be a big square dance going on…but I have never heard or seen a flute in a country band.  The sound of the violin is certainly prominent…and Gerald was hoping that they would break out with Charlie Daniels’ “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” but I just don’t think that is going to happen.  I think he wants to go request it – fortunately there is a fence between us!

So after listening to the music for a bit, I sort of felt like I was at Court, in a castle in England with King Richard or Queen Elizabeth or something. (I’ve been watching the series Tudors on Showtime and the Elizabeth movies have been playing on HBO! =)  So it appears we are going to maybe have a renaissance festival and they are practicing the formal dances!? I don’t know…can’t find any info on it!  But I do remember doing that in gym class! How fun…but dancing is not in my future anytime soon.

Gerald and I watched them from the back stairwell for a few minutes then came inside and ate dinner and talked to the grandkids on Skype.  About 9pm I went to the bedroom … and they were still playing.  Ok…curfew?  10pm…still playing.  Finally at 11pm they stopped.  Then bright and early this morning…they started again.  It’s noon now…and they’ve gone!?  Must be practice!?

So, one must be careful what one wishes.  Now I have an idea what they are doing…they can go away! =)  I think I heard them say Thursday through Sunday…oh…my…gawd….!   

Wondering how you are all doing at home.  Looks like the worst of the last storm is over…now comes the next one! Hang on everyone!  Spring is coming!

So tonight…we have a downstairs neighbor blaring out songs (and the guy above her sending beers down to her by tying a string on the neck and lowering it to her!) and the Renaissance Revival group at it again at the Big Top.  They played till noon today…left and came back at about 7:30 and played till about 10:30p. Odd hours!?  Well, at least it has inspired Gerald to get his guitar out for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment