Saturday, November 13, 2010

Friday, November 12, 2010: Bob and Judy’s last day

Friday, November 12, 2010: Bob and Judy’s last day:

The weather is not good today.  Cool, cloudy and rainy. Which means no fishing with Alfred.   It’s a bummer that it can’t be sunny for a day at least. Mostly we just hang around the house and play cards.  Bob and Gerald try fishing off the dock, but the fish aren’t biting. It’s definitely a lazy day, so I take a little nap and Judy reads her Nook.

We play some more cards and talk about where to have dinner. We had talked about going to Robert’s Grove because they have a buffet, will come pick you up and we’ve been told they are having the Garafuna dancers & drummers there (the Garafuna Days celebration is coming up).  Apparently the entertainment was on Thursday – so I guess we will be staying around here.  

The Girls are headed to the hot tub and the 4 of us go into town to check out some menus for dinner at Wendy’s, Pickled Parrot and RumFish.  Judy and I are in the mood for lobster before they leave, so we’re on a mission (but we do have to consider Gerald!). We decide on Wendy’s because it has broiled lobster for $23!  Of course, while we are in town, we visit Tutti Frutti for some glelato! It is next door to RumFish, and we were there anyway! It really is polite to support the local economy you know! The town is buzzing with people, and Tutti Frutti is busy! As long as there is some for us!

We come back and talk to The Girls and decide on dinner at Wendy’s.  Gerald, Bob and Judy join The Girls in the hot tub, but I stay out … where the no-see-ums are.  They’ve been pretty good for a while, not that I have missed any opportunity to spray down! But it seems like the cool weather had them gone – or at least down for a while! Now I will be doubling up on the icky stinky stuff. Drat.  (I also get in trouble for not keeping up on my blog!)

We get ready and head to Wendy’s. Dan and MaryLou are there too, so they joint our table.  With us 4, The Girls, Sharene, Dan and MaryLou there is 10 of us! Judy and I split the lobster and it’s not too bad.  It’s a nice clean place.  Sharene says Barefoot Bar has a band playing tonight so we all head over there after we eat. They are awesome, and play a Caribbean, Latin, Rap, Punta dance music.  Definitely chair dancing music. They don’t even stop between songs!  It’s constant music! And it’s good! Lots of people get out on the dance floor.  There is one little girl (I say little, but she is probably 24) who is swinging those hips like crazy (I guess that is the Punta dance).  She is having a good time, and the guys are just gob-smacked watching her! I’m a little gob-smacked myself, and think I just dislocated my hip watching her! … wonder if there is a chiropractor here? …gawd I feel old!

It’s getting late, about (way past my usual bedtime) and there are more and more younger people coming in which makes me feel old as dirt. They were going to see if Gerald could get up and do a song or two, but this is WAY out of his genre and it just isn’t going to happen, so we head back home so Judy can finish packing and get some rest before the long travel day.

It was a pretty good day, despite the weather!  At least it wasn’t raining when we came home!

No comments:

Post a Comment