Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - It's My Bubba's Birthday!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - It's My Bubba's Birthday!:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBBA!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Not much happening today. Sunned a little on the condo deck, watching people go by. Then went out to the pool for a couple of hours.  The water is cool, but feels good, because it is hot here!  No rain so far today.  We may take a nap and then a ride up north to see how far we can get without sinking into sand!

Between the loud golf carts and the dump truck that goes by every 5 minutes, there is too much noise here to get a good nap in.  I think I did not choose well on this particular place. Between the condition it was in when we got here, and the location, I would not recommend Reef Village.  I’d go further out of town, or if I wanted all the noise and action, I would stay in town. There are a lot of places to stay in there, and you don’t have to worry about paying a toll to cross the bridge.

We got on the cart and headed up to the Palapa Bar to see what it’s all about.  See and hear lots about it.  Forgot my camera so I didn’t get to take pictures! (can you believe it!)  Anyway, it’s a bar and restaurant that sits out over the water. It catches the breezes so the skeeters are minimal. People write all over the walls, stools, floors! It’s a nice gimmick! And who cares...the sun will fade it, the ink probably preserves the wood, and people have fun. They tout good food, so we may have to try it sometime. It was cool to watch the waves go over the reef and the boats go by.

Come back home and make salads for dinner.  That’s about it. I’ve been trying to get my Skype up and running to call my brother and friend, but it’s not working. I don’t know if the problems is that everyone in the world is Skyping now and it’s down or what, but I’ll keep trying.  Uploaded gMail video just in case!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you two.Hope your stay there gets better for you.love ya.

    ReplyDelete