Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday, November 23, 2010:

Raining (pouring) again.  Gerald caught a double rainbow out the back door.


Think we will just hang around today – maybe go get a dish strainer.  I need to measure the sink so we can get one that fits (and yes I have a tape measure with me!).  I’d like to find some cheap rugs, and pillows or pillow covers too but I don’t know where a “department” like store is here. Guess we can ask around.

Chew the morning coffee. (still not using that dirty coffee pot here! It’s not my dirty and it grosses me out!) 

Only saw 1 or 2 ants coming out of the owner’s cabinet. None on the floor.  That Terro stuff is good!

Update the blog.

Guess I’ll scrub the shower down with the baking soda and brush I got, and get that layer of crud off.  Gerald is “helping me clean” right now! =) 

The bamboo rug in the livingroom is so dirty looking and has sand in it. It’s bugging me.  I’m going to take it outside and beat it a while to knock the sand out and try washing it off.  I wanted to get a cleaner for it, but she doesn’t want me to do anything with it.  Although she said I could put it in the shower…but I’m not doing that even though it is bamboo.  I don’t want to ruin it anymore than it already is and have to replace it. (that would be my luck!).

We take a walk to the restaurant here to grab a burger but they are closed!? So we will just take a drive go to the water company to get a 5 gal jug of water to drink and cook with, and maybe get a bit to eat too. 

We stop at the hardware store to look for a strainer. The one they have is too big, but I do get a small rug, pillow protectors and a water pump for the bottle so we don’t have to tip it over.  

Then we head to the other side of town to see about getting some water.  At the stores the 5 gal bottles are $5 bze and at the water company they are $3.50 bze.  That’s a savings of $1.50 bze (or about .75 cents! Wooohooo!)

We take the beach road – it’s a lot smoother. And stop at a bar and get a burger.  It’s ok. Not Fatted Calf…but it will do.  They gave us some chips and salsa and it was yummy! I’d make a meal of that!

As we are sitting at the bar, the kids get out of school.  There are lots of kids here!  They wear uniforms. I think that is great.  The grade school children wear gray and white: boys gray pants and white shirt (tucked and belted), the girls gray shift dress with white shirt underneath, white socks and black shoes.  The older kids wear all white.  They look like they are in the navy! Boys: white pants and shirt (tucked and belted), the girls white dresses, white socks and black shoes.  The girl’s dresses have collars and there is a tie that is colored. I’m guessing that identifies which grade they are in, but I haven’t asked yet. It’s on my list of things to do.

Back to the condo, hook up the pump to the jug-o-water. Empty the trash. Sweep the floor. Work on the blog. Blah blah blah.

Tonight is movie night at the Reef Village. Gerald wants to go see.  Not much too it.  They aren’t playing the movie that was on the sheet, but who cares.  The screen is so far away and the sound is in the bar.  Glad I didn’t shower for that one!

We’ll eat some popcorn and watch a movie in the condo.  Then bed.  Nite all!

No comments:

Post a Comment