Monday, November 29, 2010

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday, November 28, 2010:

Today is another still day, no breeze and hot. Nothing really much going on except Gerald wants to go see Dennis Wolfe and his band The Usual Suspects, this afternoon he is playing at the palapa bar here at the resort. I need to do some more laundry too (towels, sheets, darks)…since I have finally got that one load done.  (but no more whites – which is about 80% of my clothing).

I also need to take a scrub brush to the shower today. I only bleached and wiped it down before, but I bought some Kaboom yesterday when getting the rust remover, and hope it works better. Plus it doesn’t have any toxic chemicals, which is even better.


The shower was about gross! That Kaboom really works good! It gets the Tina stamp of approval.

Laundry is done. Sheets washed and changed. Dusted.

Oh no!  Computer problems! …of course…why not? I hope this thing lasts! I’ve got plenty of space left on it, I don’t know what’s wrong with it.  Maybe because of all these programs I’ve downloaded lately, they may not like each other. I usually have Outlook, Word, pictures, the internet, and now the Skype program open - probably a few too many. I had to do a hard restart 3 times in a row.  You really get close to losing your stomach when you restart your computer and all you get is a blank screen!  4 hours later … it seems to be working ok.  Better try to keep my open programs to a minimum!

Music is supposed to start at 4 and it’s now 4:30…so we quickly clean up and head down.  They are also serving pizza tonight for the new arrivals. Dinner!  Naturally, when we get there, nothing is happening. It’s almost 5, and the band is just now starting to set up.  Caribbean time I guess.  So we have a drink and about 45 minutes later, they finally start playing. 

They’re ok. Reminds me of Bill Murray’s “Nick the Lounge Singer” character.  They sing familiar songs, but sing it their own way. The internet said he told stories and interacted with the audience, but there wasn’t any of that.  Wonder if he’s tired of doing this?

We have pizza, see and talk to Joy our neighbor, and talk to some other guests. I also meet the Owner and Developer’s wife.  She is wearing white.  Actually a white and brown tank top from Cache’ – I know because I have one just like it. I almost brought it, but it was too heavy and I took it out of my suitcase! Wonder if she does her laundry here, or sends it out. Boy would I like to “talk” to her…but this is not the time and perhaps it’s not my place. Plus I don’t want to ruin the evening nor talk about it anymore. It doesn’t do any good.  I just know I won’t stay here again, nor recommend it.  

That’s it for today. I'm beat. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment