Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Trick-or-Treater's!

Halloween Trick-or-Treater’s

Here are the only 2 “ghouls” that came to the condo! Kenny and Kevin! Aren’t they cute!



THANKS EVERYONE FOR THOSE PUFFS OF WIND AND KEEPING TOMAS AWAY FROM HERE!

Monday, November 01, 2010:

Well, Bobby and Jan left for home today. We will surely miss them. (And there goes our limo!)  They were great fun and we have made new friends, which is a great bonus from our sabbatical!


We do get to hitch a ride with Patty and Jane because we want to go check with the barber, Karel, to get some information on going to a private island for a day, or maybe even overnight. Sounds fun and exciting huh?! The house is supposed to be fully functional – electricity (wind powered), about 4 bedrooms, bathrooms etc. Price is right, so we just have to make sure it’s a decent building and not a shack or tent on a deserted island!  Plus, with Tomas not coming…I feel a little more comfortable about getting out.  

We scope around some buildings, one of which is the Purple Space Monkey. It’s closed right now and is for sale, and Gerald and I take a look around. A young woman comes in and she just signed and lease is going to reopen as the Purple Space Monkey in December. We may have to take a boat ride back down here because the food sounds like it could be good! 

We also head over to the Community Co-op to see about maybe getting a lobster. One for me right now, cause Gerald isn’t going to eat any, and then maybe when Bob and Judy come down. I’ve never cooked one myself, but everyone says they are easy!  Plus – it’s only $11! We go inside the Co-op and start looking at the pictures of lobsters, and the diagrams and stuff on the walls.  Yuck…I can’t look any more. We leave quickly.  I am suddenly grossed out because it either looks like a spider (which I HATE) and I am suddenly reminded of the movie Alien, and I don’t want something coming out of that lobster attaching itself to my face!!! EEEEEEK!! 

Other than that - nothing much to report today. It rained this afternoon. Gerald is going to play at Paradise tonight.  I’ve tried to upload the video, without luck. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I’ve downloaded another program and will try to do it again!  Wish me luck! (or if you have any words of advice on how to upload a video...let me know!

Talk later!

No comments:

Post a Comment