Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - Happy Birthday to me!

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - UPDATED:

They say it’s my birthday…da dada da da! =)

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.  Can’t believe I get to celebrate the BIG one this way! How lucky can I be? Wish you could all be here too!

Today, so far, our plans are to head to town to pick up some things to prepare for Bob and Judy’s arrival (like RUM), and also check out that flea market!  =) 

The sun is shining and no clouds!  YAY!!  I might even get some sun today!  So far so good!

The bad part? No jewelry store to buy myself a present! =)

UPDATE:

Headed into town to pick up the golf cart, supplies and see the flea market. It's a beautiful day!  The flea market was not what I thought, only a couple people with garage sale stuff. Darn. And Gerald told me that for my birthday present, I could buy whatever I wanted at the flea market too! So I bought a cheese grater at Wallens.  He also said that he was flying some friends in to visit me and help celebrate! He is so generous! ;) 

We get the stats on the next poker game, pick up the rest of the supplies then headed back to drop things off.  I need to make some beverages for Bob and Judy’s arrival when we meet them at the airport. I’m trying to figure out how to save the ice and not water down the drink.  Ice doesn’t last long here.  I decide to put ice in the insulated cups I brought (you had doubt?) and add the liquor – which is also cold, then bring a bottle of soda and pour when they land.

The plane lands and Bob unties his legs to get out of the plan.  The look on Judy’s face when she exited the plane … was priceless! OMG! Their plane was WAY smaller than ours! Actually – everyone that came out of that plane…had a shocked look on their face!  I should have told Judy to take a Xanex when they hit Belize City.  The drinks I made taste like they haves about 7 shots of rum in it, but Judy will definitely need it after that flight! This place will also be a culture shock for her – cause it was for me! 





A short tour around the property, watch the sunset and then get ready for dinner. 



We have dinner at The Secret Garden, and our neighbors Patty, Jane and Sharene join us! It’s a little place behind the Wallens Market buildings, and you feel like your eating in someone’s back yard! But, a lot of the restaurants are like that here.  The food was wonderful!  It was nice to celebrate my birthday with long time (Gerald called them old) and new found friends!  

My new friends got me a gift - the best gift ever too - a bottle of mosquito and no-see-um repellent! It’s the most thoughtful gift ever! Especially here! =)   I love my new friends!

We come back to the condo and all of us hit the hot tub!  Not as hot as last night, but it felt good to get in the warm water after a busy day, and I know Bob and Judy will sleep good tonight! The perfect ending to the day!

Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes!  I’m a lucky Girlscout! =)

LOVE YOU ALL!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Happy birthday Tina. We are going out with Pam and Larry tonight to hear Matt play music to celebrate for you. Have a great one. Annie and Jeff. Bob and Judy should be there soon with their skeeter pellent. I'm sure they will be ready to party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your videos...Gerald, you rock! Oh yeah, Happy Birthday Tina...are you 20 again? Have a great one darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a FABULOUS BIRTHDAY!!! It sounds like you did. I've enjoyed reading your post everyday, Josh actually reads them with me.... I have told him all about you and Gerald :) Can't wait for you all to meet. Love you and be safe!!! :)

    ReplyDelete