Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thursday, November 26, 2010 – Turkey Day - UPDATED

Thursday, November 26, 2010 – Turkey Day:

HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!  I hope everyone is safe and happy!

We’re stuck here…! ; )  This is not a holiday for them, but most of the restaurants do have special menus in recognition of the Canadian and American Thanksgiving holidays. I've seen some Christmas trees too! We have reservations at a restaurant called Celi’s tonight for a “traditional” meal. I’ll let you know how that goes!

Not much on the way of plans today.  Maybe hit the pool again, since we really haven’t been doing that at all. Maybe run into town and explore some more.

I’ve been trying to use Skype, but I had trouble with the internet yesterday and I can't get on Skype now.  I can get on the internet and do everything else, but can’t access Skype! Go figure! So if you are reading this…we can try gMail video chat or something if you have a gmail account? But, I’ll keep trying to get on Skype!

LOVE YOU ALL!

TURKEY DAY UPDATED:

What a nightmare! The local telephone company BTL blocks the use of Skype and like programs.  This requires you to use their phone services at outrageous fees. Extortion at its best huh?   I’ve been since 7 am this morning trying to work on this and get some sort of program that bypasses or encrypts the information. Still working on it. Went through gMail and got a brief video (before it was blocked), the audio was really breaking up…but the instant message was fun! Still working on the issue and hope to have it resolved … before we come home! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment